Ups and Downs

You shuffled around the bed as you began to wake up the next morning. To your surprise, you were alone. You yawned rather loudly and stretched as you got up from under the warm comfort of Steven's bed. You walked over to the balcony and opened the door. The breeze hit you like a breath of fresh air. You leaned your elbows on the balcony and took a deep breath, your hair flowing in the wind. You then opened your eyes and stared at the sky, then down at the surrounding area.

You thought back on the conversation you had with Steven on the way home from the store yesterday. It really had been a while since you've spent a day on the beach. The smell of the salty sea was practically engulfing you, and you realized just how much you missed those aforementioned days on the beach. You were so lost in the feeling that you didn't even hear Steven's bedroom door open. 

Steven had gone upstairs to see if you were still sleeping. To his surprise, you were awake and you had already gone outside. He smiled upon seeing you gazing off in the distance. He walked to the door to the balcony and saw that it was already open. An idea came to his mind.

You were still reminiscing when you were suddenly whisked out of your state of peace, literally. You were flying again. You turned around to see Steven laughing like crazy, carrying you, bridal style? You began to laugh too, your face slightly getting red. "Pfft, Steven! Don't scare me like that!" you joked as you held onto his neck to keep your balance. Steven's face began to get hot too, and soon you two weren't even flying around anymore. You were just kind of, hovering there right above the house, each of you just staring at each other in a trance. That was, until, you could hear music playing. You didn't have the slightest clue where it was coming from. Steven, on the other hand, may have had a clue. He caught the tall, dark pink figure sitting on Obsidian's hand, smirking at him. He knew what she was up to. 

"You wanna dance?" you asked with a soft smile. Steven smiled back at you, showing he wanted to. You wiggled out from his grasp and got in position. You kept one hand on his neck and moved the other to his waist as you stood up in a way. He did the same to keep you in the air.  As you placed your mind in the music you began leading the dance. You swayed him back and forth and eventually, he began to lead. You danced a small ballroom dance together. Steven spun you and this is when things got even cooler. You whirled back toward him and when he caught you, he smirked. He grabbed your waist, making you blush profusely, before throwing you up into the air above him. As you went up in the sky, that same clear feeling from the night you met Steven came back. You were so lost in this feeling that you didn't even realize you were coming back down. Halfway down, you realized you were too far away for Steven to catch you so you lunged toward him, but you missed him and soon you were getting closer and closer to the sand of the beach. 

"(Y/n)!" Steven yelled as he flew down to where you were headed as fast as he could. He got there just in time to catch you. You fell into his arms and Steven dipped you. The music stopped, your heart raced, and both of your faces reddened.

"Hmph, part of the show?" you asked him sarcastically with a smirk on your face.

"Sure, we'll go with that," he chuckled as he stood you back up. You both laughed as you looked toward the city. "We should probably get you ready for school," Steven said. You almost forgot you were still in your pajamas. You saw Steven was already dressed and ready for school. You ran inside and grabbed both Steven's and your backpack. You made your way back down to Steven. 

"C'mon," you giggled as you grabbed his wrist and started to jog toward your house. The wind was slamming onto your face so you made a mental note to wear something decently warm today. Once you two made it to your front step, you grabbed the same key and opened the door. You looked around; no Ryan. He was the least of your worries at the moment, however. It was twenty minutes until first bell and you were a mess. You darted into your room, grabbed a (f/c) turtleneck, a pair of acid-washed jeans, and your favorite sneakers. Once you were dressed, you quickly brushed your (h/c) hair and parted it just the way you liked it. You made your way to the main room, where Steven was sitting on the couch. He had to restrain himself from dropping his jaw. It was like no matter what you wore, you looked beautiful and he couldn't take his eyes off of you.