Jelly

*STEVEN'S POV*

It had been a while and we were still sitting on the bench in the courtyard. I looked down to see (Y/N) still sleeping. I smiled looking at her sleeping. So cute...

"Love. Love, wake up. We gotta go home," I said, gently nudging her back. She stirred a little before letting out a small yawn and sitting up. She stretched before turning around to face me, rubbing her eyes.

"How long was I asleep for?" she asked, the exhaustion apparent in her voice.

"Only for a couple of hours," I answered her, ruffling her hair a bit with a smile.

She glanced to the side of me, noticing the empty space, and gave me a confused expression. "Hey, where's Connie?"

"She went home. She had to study," I said, standing up. I extended my hand out to her so she could get up. She got up and instantly slumped onto my shoulder.

"I was having a good nap, too," she yawned.

"I know, but we can't stay in the school courtyard forever (Y/N)," I said, grabbing hers and my bags. "Do you wanna go home?" I looked to my shoulder to see a sleepy (Y/N) barely nod her head. I decided to make this easier for both of us. I sat back down on the bench and she followed, still putting her weight on me. "Stay with me love, wake up." She woke up a little more and sat up a bit. I grabbed the bags and bubbled them to make it easier to get them to the Temple. She looked up at me with starry eyes. "What?" I chuckled. "Do you wanna get bubbled too?"

"Wait, really?" she asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Are you kidding me," I raised an eyebrow. "(Y/N), it's probably dangerous," I explained with a facepalm. I knew she was messing with me. But I was wrong.

"I'm serious. Do it," she looked me dead in the eye with the most determined look on her face. Gah! I couldn't say no to that!

"If you're sure. I mean, I've never bubbled a person before. I really don't know if this is a good idea," I said, scratching the back of my neck in nervousness.

"Can we at least try? I mean you never know until you try it, right?" she was practically begging me at this point.

"(Y/N), those bubbles only work with small things, like gems or food or things like that. I could do something close though," I said, putting a hand on her shoulder with a smile.

"Like that thing you did in the hallway?" she asked as I formed the bubble around us.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" I said with a smirk. She looked around with stars in her eyes. She squealed and jumped to hug me. "Woah, (Y/N)! You're gonna knock me over!"

"Sorry!" She said as she got up. "Well come on! Let's get this thing moving!" She started pushing on the bubble, moving it forward, almost like a hamster ball. I was starting to laugh at how childish she was being. We were almost halfway across the boardwalk when the bubble popped. We collapsed onto each other, both starting to blush. God this is so awkward...

Well, it got worse. We started walking home after that and low and behold, guess who shows up. Kevin...

(Y/N)'s POV (I'm going to start using I instead of you just for this chapter only. I'll put a warning from now on if I decide to again)

I couldn't believe it! Kevin had been my buddy when I was younger, and we hadn't seen each other in years. "No way! Kevin?"

"Shortstop? Man, I haven't seen you since,"

"The No-Good Summer Party!" we both shouted in unison. I heard a noise behind me and looked to see Steven with a not-so-happy expression on his face. "Oh, Steven! This is Kevin!" I said, linking my arm with Steven and bringing him over to us.