• Chapter 2

⚠️ Mentions of trauma and mental health ⚠️

"Well, welcome to the avengers y/n!" Peter jumped up enthusiastically breaking the silence.

"Peter!!" A bunch of people mumbled and rolled their eyes for ruining the surprise. I stood there awkwardly wondering what he meant. I had heard talks about the avengers, by listening to different nurses conversations, but I didn't know they were real people. I could still feel everyone looking at me... like they expected some sort of reaction.

"Uh... what do you mean?" I said twiddling with my fingers.

"Y/n. We know," Nat said placing her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her confused. Knew what? "About... you know! Your powers." She said trying to urge more of a reaction out of me.

"You've got the wrong person. I do NOT have powers." Except I did, I had felt them before but I was convinced that they weren't real and that I was just crazy.

"We've seen people like you in action y/n y/ln, Wanda can read minds, Loki can transform into people, Bruce... don't even get me started on him, he can transform into a hulk" Steve said re approaching me. "We understand you, all of us."

Remember that safe feeling I felt with Natasha earlier, I felt it again. Like I belonged with these people. "So you guys believe me?" I spoke allowed.

"We broke you out of one of the most protected mental institutions in the US, of course we believe you." Natasha gave me a reassuring smile and stayed holding onto my shoulder.

"So, what is it you can do?" Loki sounded agitated. Like he was bored to be here. I grabbed his arm and clenched. He flinched a bit unsure what was about to happen but I noticed Thor nodding at him telling him I wasn't going to hurt him. I felt a bit of power flow through my veins and then nothing. I opened my eyes at everyone and they looked shocked but confused.

"So what happened?" I said. "Why is my voice like that?!" I sounded scary and manly. I remembered - Loki can turn into other people. And I just stole his power. I shook him off and went back to my normal self.

"So you have the same power as me? This is not at all fun." Loki said rolling his eyes. I rolled my eyes back at him in frustration.

"No... I siphon people's powers," I sighed... I was sort of annoyed at Loki.

"Like the Goddess of Chaos," Thor said pleased.

"The what?" I recognised the name and it sounded very familiar but I couldn't work out how.

"The Goddess of Chaos, she's from another world... no ones ever met her. Many believe she is just a myth," Thor stated, "although, her father Apophis was a definite friend of my father, Odin, back in Asgard." He gloated.

"Yes, brother. But may we remember that I detected Apophis' lies from miles away. There is no such thing as a Goddess of Chaos. Definitely not by Apophis." Loki defended.

"Are we forgetting that you two were myths too until you fell out of the sky," Tony laughed seriously, emphasising the fell and sky.

Even though I was confused about a lot of things I started to laugh.

"I think it's crazy comparing me to a Goddess anyway!" I giggled.

"You'd be surprised," Loki mumbled... it kind of made me blush that he seemed to be nice. After all, I've been in a metal box for God knows how long, compliments are nice.