Chapter 15

"Yes," I replied with wide eyes, "on one condition."

Loki raised his eyebrow, waiting for me to carry on.

"We don't go back," I said.

"That's what I said, love" he replied putting his hand on my face.

"No," I replied looking down. He lifted my chin up to ask me what it is. I paused for a second and took a deep breath, "we don't go back today. We just go,"

Loki moved his hand away from my face and fiddled with his fingers for a second. He didn't seem happy about my request.

"I'm in this with you or without you, Loki." I really wanted him to come but I felt like he had unfinished business back at the compound, even after being back for less than a day. "If this is about Bucky, he'll get what he deserves-,"

"It's not about Bucky." He replied bluntly. He stood up and ran his hand through his hair thinking about what he was going to say next. "Maybe... I just wanted one night in a real bed."

All this time I was being selfish, thinking about my own way of living and forgetting that Loki hasn't eaten or slept in however long.

"You're right." I said. I stood back up to give him a hug but he backed away. I stood there for a second and looked at the god who had his back towards me. "Loki, if you don't want to go..." I replied.

"No. We'll do it," he replied turning back around. He smiled at me reassuringly and I laughed in excitement.

"So are you coming back?" A voice said from besides us. Natasha was stood there. She must've been waiting in the car.

Loki looked at me and nodded his head. I smirked back.

"What's so funny-," Before Nat could finished I knocked her out with a flash of red magic from my hands.

"Forgive me Nat, but I need that car." I stepped over her unconscious body and Loki just laughed following me.

"I've been waiting years to see someone get her down." Loki said in his husky voice.

"Oh come on, that was easy!" I flexed flicking, my hair behind my shoulder. "By the way do you know how to drive?" I wondered to Loki.

"Not a clue." He sat in the front seat and stared at the different leavers.

After a few minutes of pulling this and pushing that he managed to drive smoothly. Surprisingly, he wasn't bad.

I played with a small reddish, purple magic ball in my hands with a frown on my face.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Loki asked, not taking his eyes of the road.

I blew away the magic and sighed.

"Don't feel bad," he said again, "she deserved it after what she did to you."

I nodded. "I guess so. I just hope she gets back safely."

"Oh come one! You're the goddess of chaos, safety is never on the agenda."

I laughed at Loki who was smiling like an idiot out the windscreen.

For a few minutes we were sat in silence, it wasn't awkward. It was just right. But we were rudely interrupted by the sound of the radio glitching.

I turned the knob a bit until it went away, but instead the sound of voices came through.

"Y/n? Y/n and Loki? Are you there?"

"Is that Tony?" I gasped looking at Loki.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can... come back now!" He said sternly through the radio.