Chapter 7

I stayed awake after Bucky left. I'm not sure why, maybe I wanted to see if Bellona came back. Or maybe if he would come back. Neither of them did. After staring at the ceiling for what felt like an eternity I finally fell asleep.

I remember my dream, it was so vivid. I remember being in a city of gold except I was locked up. In some sort of cell. Someone else was there but I never saw their face. They never spoke either, until I was taken away from the cell and I heard the cries from my jail mate. I knew I was resisting being taken away too. Maybe I had an attachment to this person or maybe it was just a dream, but right now I had no need to worry.

When I woke up I was still dressed in Bucky's shirt, I had never changed it last night. It smelt like him and it was comforting but at the same time I wanted to burn it because he was being an asshole. I decided not to change out of the dark grey top and instead just put some light grey sweats on with it. The thought of everyone finding out I slept with Bucky made me laugh, he didn't want anyone to know and I'm making the decision to walk out there almost as if I had a sign on my back.

Will he kill me?

Probably.

Do I care?

Not at all.

I left my room and headed straight to the kitchen where everyone was for breakfast. As far as I'm aware the truth serum from last night should definitely have worn off by now, however, the empty syringes of it on the table bought flashbacks from last night.

Loki's arm around mine, the looks he was giving Bucky, the way he was jealous.

No, y/n.

We're meant to be getting revenge on Bucky not thinking about -

"Loki!" I cried out as I bumped into him on the way to the kitchen.

He looked me up and down and then his eyes met mine. He raised his eyebrow. "Don't worry... lady y/n," he admitted.

Shit.

Has he noticed? Maybe this was a terrible idea.

I smiled at him awkwardly and tried to trail past him but he grabbed my arm. I looked at him, worried.

We stood there for a few seconds as he examined my features.

"We're having breakfast in the meeting room," he bluntly said letting go and walking the opposite way to me.

I quickly rushed next to him to ask why.

"Because Tony needs us," he replied.

Oh thank God, I thought Loki's wanted to speak to me privately.

At least this way everyone would be there including Bucky Barnes. Now he'll definitely be jealous and won't be able to make a scene. I don't think.

We entered the room together and straight away took a seat together. Some familiar faces looked at us confused but Bucky's was faced down to the table, as usual.

"Why did you guys come together?" Nat asked winding us up and winking at me.

I watched Loki roll his eyes and snort at the mess I had got myself in.

"I bumped into him in the hall on the way to the kitchen."

Nat nodded in disbelief, as if I were faking my story, "so that's why you're wearing his shirt?"

My eyes widened in shock and I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Bucky looked up and clenched his jaw seeing me in his shirt.

"Oh dear Odin," Loki muttered, "you can't really think I wear the same clothes as grandpa over there," he said pointing his hand towards Bucky.