Chapter 3

A few days passed and it had been pretty relaxed. That probably sounds strange considering the Avengers never seem to get a break. Maybe it because I was new and I could tell that some people didn't exactly trust me. I overheard Sam and Bucky talking to Tony and Nat about me.

*a couple of days ago*

"I'm just saying... how do we know she's telling the truth," Sam said trying to keep his voice down, probably so I don't overhear.

"Of course we can trust her," Nat defended.

"He has a point, she apparently doesn't remember anything." Bucky replied.

"Oh come on! Don't get me started on not remembering," Tony stated and then got louder, "do I need to remind you that you didn't even know your own name when you encountered Steve again!"

"That was purple because of Hydra," I could feel Bucky getting aggravated.

"How so we know she hasn't been brainwashed by Hydra," Nat replied, keeping her cool.

"Exactly, if she has - she's working for Hydra, if not she's worse!" Bucky complained.

"Well we have to give her a chance like we've done with everyone else!" Nat exclaimed in a whisper.

Bucky rolled his eyes and turned round exiting without seeing me.

*flashback ends*

I had noticed it many times. Bucky would never look at me with a nice face, like I was some sort of plague. I never took much notice of it, I was used to people thinking I was crazy.

I was folding some new clothes Nat had got me and putting them into drawers when I heard a knock at the door followed by a warm voice through the door.

"Hey y/n... it's Nat," she spoke slowly, I didn't answer but I listened. "Tony found something..."

My eyes widened in shock getting ready to take in whatever information was found. Part of me felt that it was going to be bad - but the other part thought there could be something that gave me the slightest glimpse of knowledge.

I opened the door to Nat and she smiled at me gesturing to follow her.

"I heard what Bucky said about me the other day," I spoke up. I felt like I needed to get it off of my chest. The first type of human interaction in what felt like a hundred years was with a group of people that hardly trusted me but as I've said before - I know Nat did.

She sighed and stopped and looked at me. I looked down at the floor and she held onto my hands. "I know you did," she replied.

I could feel my eyes start to get glassy and I looked up at Nat, she pulled me into a hug as a tear fell down my cheek. "I know... but we'll fix it. After we find out what Stark has to say about you they'll realise you're not a bad person."

I took a deep breath and nodded. "You ready to go in?" Nat wiped the tear from under my eye and I smiled.

We walked into the room and took our seats at the table. I was sat in between Nat and Steve but I could see Bucky across the table spinning a pen in his hand. As I watched the pen spin between his hand and the table his eyes peered up at me below his eyebrows. I looked down as his eyes caught mine. A shiver ran through my spine and I started to get goosebumps. I shook it off and Nat put her hand onto my arm.

"So what did you find?" Nat asked in her normal soft tone.

"It's hard to tell, we found multiple photos of things which are practically impossible." Tony tapped a few buttons on the table and pulled up a hologram of multiple photos.