Chapter 16

Sorry it took me so long to update! I had a lot of exams but I finish school for good this week so hopefully I'll have a lot of free time to work on my books!

Your POV

I woke up in a pool of sweat. Not my own by the looks of it. I lifted myself up and looked down at Loki who was squirming in the bed sheets. His hair was far greasier than normal and his head had a line of gloss across his forehead.

"Loki?" I whispered, panicking. "Loki wake up,"

He was shaking rapidly but his eyes were glued shut. His breathing was even quicker and I could hear his heart beating at the speed of light.

"Shit," I jumped of the bed and ran to the bathroom. I wet a face cloth in cold water and bought it out, not caring about the water dripping on the wooden floor. I put the cloth on Loki's head hoping it would cool him down.

Suddenly, his whole body bulked up and he opened his eyes.

"Loki?" I gasped putting my hands on either side of his face. His chest was rising and falling heavily and all the colour in his faded, leaving blue tinges of colour under his skin. "Are you okay?"

Loki moved his eyes to look up at mine. Each of his hands gripped the bed sheets so tightly he could have ripped through them. And before I knew it he pushed passed me and ran to the bathroom.

I stood their with the flannel still dripping in my hands, wondering if I should see if He's okay. I waited there patiently as I didn't want to disturb him. Not long after he came back out. He looked weak, this whole time I had been asking him to run away with me and I didn't even think of the fact he'd been starved for weeks.

"What hour is it?" Was the first thing he said whilst wiping his forehead.

""5," I replied bluntly, "what happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine,"

"Are you ill? Do you need food?" I questioned worriedly.

"I'm a God, y/n. I can't get ill by something on Midgard." He walked closer to me and sat on the side of the bed.

I frowned. I had no idea what was wrong and why he had just thrown up.

"But-,"

"I'm fine." He laid back down rolling over to face the opposite direction.

Was it something I said? Maybe he was just tired.

I remember falling asleep quickly but not for much longer.

"Morning sunshine," I said squinting and covering my eyes from the sun out of the window. Loki was up by the window getting himself dressed.

"Mrs B made breakfast," Loki replied.

I shrugged off his bluntness and got myself dressed back into yesterday's clothes - which had dried on the radiator overnight.

Loki compelled an illusion once again, masking our identities to everyone other than ourselves.

"Mrs B?" I called as we walked down the stairs.

"I'm in the kitchen my loves!" She shouted back.

We walked into the kitchen and the door suddenly shut behind us.

"Tony?" Me and Loki both exclaimed at the same time as we saw the billionaire stood behind us booking our exit. In shock the illusion came off of both of us, Tony wasn't fazed and strangely - neither was Mrs B.

"Don't you love the smell of pancakes on a autumn morning?" Tony hummed breathing in the ladies cooking.

I looked at Loki who was looking at Tony without looking bothered. Tony sent him a look and Loki nodded his head. Tony opened the door and Loki walked through shutting the door before I could get out as well.

"What the hell is going on?" I raised my voice in shock. "Where are you taking him?"

"To the compound, he's not finished with his health checks." Tony spoke. "It's okay, it's not kidnapping - he's coming off his own back"

"What? How? Did he know about this?"

Tony nodded. "We knew you wouldn't come back easily, so we had a plan. Loki pulled through."

Loki? How could he have done this to me. We were going to run away together, start a life together, get away from the avengers. But he betrayed me.

My heart shattered and a tear rolled down my face. He wasn't who I thought he was. I wiped it away quickly not wanting to show signs of weakness.

"We want you to come back, for your own safety. But if you don't want to-,"

"I'll come home." I interrupted Tony, giving in.

Maybe Loki coming back and finding out what happened my made me blind to what I already had. I wanted more, I wanted revenge. I made myself think that the people closest to me were the bad guys. Maybe I'm the real bad guy here

"Really? I thought I would have needed to say a lot more words than that." Tony said sarcastically before smiling and bringing me into a hug. "Thank you Mrs B. FRIDAY, transfer two thousand dollars to Barbra Brown,"

Mrs B was in on it too? I felt the blood in my skin start to boil, but not for Tony, nor the avengers. Loki.

"Breath, y/n," Tony said stroking my head with his hand as it rested in his solider.

I took a deep breath calming my almost out-burst down. I nodded into the crook of Tony's neck and he pulled out of the hug and walked me towards the car.

The car ride home was silent, sitting next to Loki was weird. It's like he was someone else, whether he meant that or not was unclear. I could feel his frequent glances creating a warmth in my body but I refused to look back.

Was I one to hold a grudge? I probably never was, but now I am.

We pulled up at the compound I vowed to leave under 24 hours ago. A wave of emotions swept over me, what's everyone going to think? I attempted to kill Bucky yesterday without letting anyone stop me and I ran away, knocked out Natasha and god knows what else.

Let's just hope this goes okay on everyone's behalf.

A/n sorry for the short chapter again it's kind of a filler chapter until we get to the real stuff ig, I finish school TOMORROW so I should be able to write a lot more omg 😏