Chapter 11

After three long days, it was finally moving day!

I was very excited to be able to spend time with all of the avengers again. I haven't spoken to anyone other than Thor, Tony and Pepper since the memorial. It had been pretty quiet here though, Tony had a lot of calls to make and had to go over to our new  institution and make sure it was 'avenger ready'.  Me and Thor taught ourselves how to play monopoly - with the help of Pepper.

Overall, I'm rather excited to see everyone again. Especially Nat, I thought she would reach out, but again, I haven't either.

"Y/n, is your stuff packed?" A female voice said from the door way.

I was looking out of the floor to ceiling window, all I could see was the sea for miles. Every now and then a plane would fly over in the distance, but mostly it was a blue sea that reflected the sky.

"What stuff?" I laughed and turned round to face the ginger lady.

"Right... I forgot everything was burnt to a crisp." She spoke awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it, I'm guessing we're leaving soon?"

"Uh, I guess so. The car is ready when you are!" She went to turn around to go up the spiral stair case but once again I interrupted her.

"Is Tony ready?" I asked, guessing she would know.

"He... he actually left already." She smiled and then continued to walk up the stairs.

I nodded. "Right..." I guess it is his building.

"Y/n! I am so stoked!" Thor's deep voice said rushing into the room.

"Stoked? That's a new one." I giggled at Thor's new language.

"I know. Working on my Aussie accent. What do you think?" He span round to brag about his new wannabe identity.

"It's almost like you were meant to be Australian! But why the new look?"

He was wearing sunnies and a big beach hat that he must've stolen from Pepper's cupboards.

"Well I thought it's a fresh start! You try it."

"Okay matey!" I said imitating an Australian accent.

"No that was terrible.  You sound like a pirate"

"You think?"

"Yeah... maybe try British or something."

"'Ello mate!"

"No. That was hideous. Stick to wherever you're from... please" he said tapping on the side of his ears.

"Come on! It wasn't that bad." I giggled stealing the hat off of his head.

"I think you need to learn the definition of bad, lady," he removed the sunglasses.

I rolled my eyes at his snarky comments.

"So, are you packed and ready to move?" He said enthusiastically.

I raised my eyebrow at him which jogged his memory.

"Right, you didn't actually own anything."

"What! And the fact there was a big fire!" I defended myself.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." he paused. "You know what will help me sleep at night? The compound, let's go!" He held my hand pulling me out to the front porch.

I shouted bye to pepper and we got into the car.

The drive wasn't too long but with Thor trying to sing all sorts of songs to me it felt like years. The driver had a screen between the front and back, which I'm guessing was sound proof. Lucky for some.