Chapter 9

Everyone else got out safe. Loki and Bellona were the only ones who didn't make it, luckily. That's what everyone's saying at least. The media says it was lucky that only two people died. Or the news said that a villain and a suspected villain died which was lucky for the avengers. For me it wasn't lucky.

It's been a week. People were sent to reinstate the compound as soon as the fire was put out. None of us really had another home, sure Peter had his aunt, Tony had pepper and the rest of us... we were alone.

They hadn't come across Loki's body yet. Part of me hoped that he was still alive, that some how he made it but the other part knew how impossible it was.

Anyone would have thought the mighty Avengers they must've planned for this! No, as far as I'm aware no one had ever prepared for such a tragedy. I remember the wreckage after the fire had finally been put out. There were clothes that had been burnt to ashes, wood that stained black. I can't bare the thought of it.

Tony told me what Bellona said to him, and for once he believed her.

One week ago
3rd person POV

"Mr Stark! You must believe me, Apophis has come!" She wailed.

"Come here? Why?" Tony yelled as the smoke started to fill the room.

"He wants y/n dead, she's the only person stopping the prophecy from for fulfilling."

Tony gripped Bellona and broke her free from the chains.

"Can you use your magic to find y/n?"

She stood still for a second analysing where y/n was and the heaviness of the fire.

"I can't get to her, the fires too strong where she is. He's trying to kill her!"

"We can't just let her die!"

"Don't you think I'm aware of that!" She played with her fingers in worry. Her lungs started to fill with poison air. "I can send her a message."

"What?"

"I can create something that will give her a way to get out of the building, but I won't be able to hold it for too long. I'm too weak."

"Do it, whatever it takes."

She held up for as long as she could until she collapsed. The building rumbled as the rubble Bellona was holding up with her magic fell to the ground. Her power was weak because of the lack of oxygen and also that she was trying to use it on the other side of the building.

Tony lifted her up and tried to pull through every where. The rest was blur for him, but he made it outside, alive.

Now.
Your POV

She died saving me. But saving me from my own father. The fire wasn't going to stop until one of us were dead, but he got to her first. Now, the prophecy has been obliterated. Not that that matters anymore, the two pieces of the jigsaw suffered their own death.

Me and Nat had been staying at Clint's family home. It's was best for me to stay there as it was known as a "safe house". But I didn't feel safe. If Apophis could conjure an event like that from a different realm, exactly where I was, I, sure he could do it again.

I sat on the end of the double bed that me and Nat has been sharing for the past few nights. I was drowning in a black hoodie Clint gave me and some sweats. It was comfortable and it wasn't like I had anywhere to go.