20

Five minutes into the party and I already wanna leave. 

Ryder is sorta just standing really awkward. I asked him multiple times if something was wrong but he didn't answer. 

Even now he's staring at me intensely but it's like he's in another universe-or staring right through me. 

"Ryder Lakes! Why are you staring at me? Do I look that bad?"

Dylan came over and he actually picked out my outfit. It was a mini skirt and a white floral shirt that I tucked in. It was cute but a little revealing. 

Flashback to Dylan helping her pick an outfit:

I stood watching Dylan and Ryder speak through their eyes. They kept glancing at me, making me feel conscious. Dylan finally broke the ice as he pulled me away.

"Dylan what are you doing now?" I sighed

He laughs and sneaks a glance at Ryder. 

"I'm going to help you pick out an outfit!"

"You?" I cringe

He smacks his chest dramatically and yanks me into the room. "Yes. If you want Ryder to notice, notice you then you better go with it."

Is this guy some sort of mind reader?

Was it that obvious that I like him?

"What're you talking bout?" I said, shooing the blush away.

Pray the blush away!

"Oh puh-leese! It's obvious to anyone and everyone...except him." He sighs exsasperated

"I hate you." 

"I love you too!" He hugs me.

End of flashback:

Ryder fidgets with his hands before his gorgeous eyes find mine again.

"You never look bad Ivy."

I rub my neck awkwardly. "T-Thanks Ryd".

~

A few minutes go by and I spot Dylan basically grinding with this girl on the dance floor. He shoots me a grin and I gag making him laugh. The girl turns around and gives me a death stare, to which he pushes her off and walks towards us.

"You didn't have to do that". I shrug

"Yes I did. You're like my sister, if bitches like her can't accept that then...she's missing out". He rubbed down his stomach as if to prove his point.

Silence....

He looks between me and Ryder and a little mischievous grin appears on his face. 

"Ryder Why don't you tell-"

"Dylan do you want to die?!" Ryder shouts over the music