23

I walk taking a sip from some cup not even caring about what was inside when someone approached me.

I looked up and there was this girl?

She was dressed in a baby blue dress and had gorgeous brown hair, that was draped down to her waist. I figured she was a friend of Camilla's and braced myself for whatever was coming my way.

"Can I help you?" I ask politely 

She breaks eye contact and quickly looks around before taking a seat next to me. 

"Sorry! I- I'm Emma. Nice to meet you". 

She holds her hand out and I hesitantly shook it.

That's weird....That's suspicious. 

No girl has ever sat next to me let alone talk to me. It's like their all afraid of catching the nerd disease. 

Nerd disease? *Face palm*

She's frantically fidgeting with her hair and her feet are tapping against the floor. When the silence becomes unbearable I let my guard down and confront her.

"Okay, obviously you're not here to just introduce yourself. Friend of Camilla's right? Did she send you here?"

Emma looks at me startled and actually looks like she's about to cry. 

"No! I am not a friend of Camilla's" She stands up abruptly

Now I am really confused but she continues on.

"I just transferred to Oxford and Camilla's parents are friends with mine. That's the only reason why I got invited. You seemed nice and I just wanted to make a new friend."

I wanted to slap myself .

"I am so sorry!" I cry

"Camilla just gets on my nerves a lot and I assumed stuff about you. Of course I'd want to be your friend".

She smiles and she immediatly pulls me to a hug. 

I wrap my arms around her and the hug is warm and smells like honey. It felt nice until I was gasping for air.

She let's go and giggles. "Sorry! I get too excited. You're my first friend. Sounds dumb right?"

"What?! Of course not. You're my first friend too!"

~~~~~~~

"Do you know where the bathroom is?"

Me and Emma have been talking for a while. She's so funny and sweet. She was totally understanding about my situation with Camilla..and Ryder.

Is it bad that I told her?

"Actually no. But we can look for it". I shrug

I get up and she smiles following me.