It Knows When Youre Awake

I want to sleep with the lights on but I've gotten so good at keeping them off. I keep three night lights, I close the door, I keep all animals put away at night, and I keep the Tv on. It gets too quiet without it. It gets quiet enough to hear the rustling from outside the door. Turning on the hall light makes it easy to see the shadows under the door. Cover the mirror at night. Cover the mirror on the door or it can get in. And you go to sleep when that light goes off. It only comes for kids who stay up. It slides its fingers through the door as if it was never shut and it creeps inside. And you can't pretend. It always knows. It's as tall as the doorway with long boney fingers and arms and legs. It has no eyes no ears no nose but it has a long mouth that stretches from one side of its long head to the other and opens wide enough to eat a child while. It has a long thin tongue and sharp teeth. It's pale pink with bulging veins as if it's never seen the light of day. But that's the thing in the hall.
The thing in the mirror is much more human. It just wants to scare you and it knows it will. It knows you watch it. It's hiding just under the surface waiting to materialize from the shadows and slam against the glass to escape. This isn't a monster like the thing in the hall. This one is a demon. It's black and and smoke like with no shadows or dementions with eyes that glow red and a human mouth with a smile of perfect sharp teeth. It's horns curve on top of its head like it's trying to form a second. This one will grin and watch you while your heart pounds. He won't do anything but he doesn't need to. He can speak to you quietly as if he was right beside you speaking in your ear. He tells you it's coming it's coming. You feel the cold wrap around you or the heat of fire creep up your back.

They're coming

They're coming

They're here~

I promise I'm not crazy I just made them up in the middle of the night when I'm too tired to convince myself to sleep 😅