Like Falling in Love

The air felt like waking up on a big day. A day when everything goes right. A day to wear your favorite socks.
The ground felt like stability. Right where you need to be. Present and ready.
The world looked clear as crystal and the water reflected like a mirror. Everything sharp and beautiful staring back at you.
And the clouds! The clouds looked like falling in love.
The sky was pink and blue and purple and it glowed warm and comfortable.
The clouds brought us to each other. The stars in the sky and the grass and the rocks all brought you to me.
And your eyes- I could watch them all day glowing and shifting like the bronze of ancient shields. Those eyes are so protective and strong. I can see through them I can see you.
And you're beautiful.
So many lovely sides you slide through like a deck of cards and I love every single one.
Your hand is soft and warm and I want to always have it to hold. They feel like dancing in the kitchen with our kids as they giggle and try to keep up.
The grass we lay on the brick we sat against, our spot. Everywhere is our spot. You make me feel like the world is ours.
Your feet sound like running across our house having pillow fights, tickle fights, remote hostages.
Your freckles look like the perfect spots for kisses and your laugh sounds like my favorite song.
And the clouds look like falling in love.
Falling and drowning in the most wonderful feelings. Warmth and comfort and happiness.
Your hugs feel like home and your kisses feel like the love I want to show my kids.
Your voice sounds like where I should be and I look for you in every crowd.
I'm falling darling I'm falling.
And may the whole world watch me.
World, I'm in love.