14. Fountain fears

"Huh?" A question Hiyoko really didn't expect, a question she wasn't ready to even think about answering... at least not truthfully.

"What?! I'm not gonna do anything, I'm just... waiting I guess."

"Waiting? What does Hiyoko have to wait for?" Ibuki's quizzical and so called 'dumb' aura had returned as soon as Hiyoko began to answer.

"I don't-" the short blonde girl slouched, thinking about what she actually was going to do about this. Not what she was going to answer to Ibuki, but what she would do to be truthful to herself and of course, Mahiru.

"...I don't know, Ibuki."

The bell that let everyone know the next period was about to begin rung at the perfect time for Hiyoko. She left without another word to Ibuki, quickly walking to her next class in order to both not be late, and escape Ibuki and her tough questions.

Third period had ended with sighs of relief and dull cheers that the day would soon be over and the students could relax, finally. "Hey uhh- Hiyoko!" An awkward voice that Hiyoko slightly recognised called out through the crowded halls of Hopes Peak. Hajime Hinata, the ultimate test subject, came to a halt in front of the short blonde girl, out of breath from running only a few metres through the hallway, smoothing back his spikey hair he began.
"Mahiru wanted me to tell you to meet her at the fountain after school. Ynkow the fountain in like, the middle of the courtyard with the-"
"I know what it is dipshit!" Hiyoko snapped back but made sure to keep her composure straight afterwards.
"Ok ok... just meet her there ok? I don't know what she'd do to me if you didn't show up, but it'd probably hurt...haha." Hajime spoke even more awkwardly than before, imagining what the bossy redhead photographer would do.
"K... thanks I guess."

Hiyokos mind began to rush as she thought of what Mahiru wanted to meet her at the fountain for. A confession of love maybe! No. Too soon Hiyoko shut up!
Whatever it was, Hiyoko had to go no matter what.

In what felt like the blink of an eye, the school day was over and students strolled towards their dorms or around the school courtyard. Hiyoko however, was nearly running to the fountain and fear and excitement, though she'd hate to admit it, boiled inside her. Soon enough she was at the back doors of the main class block of the school, behind the large wooden doors stood Mahiru and whatever she had to say. Hiyokos hnd trembled on the doorknob. Rushing through her mind was every single possibility of what might happen when she turns the handle, what might she have to face when she reaches the water fountain just outside? Only about a month had past since the ultimate traditional dancer made her way to the school, yet it felt like she'd been here her whole life, like she'd known Mahiru for years. So why did the thought of confrontation with Mahiru still scare her so much? "Whatever..." she breathed. "...whatever it is, it can't be that bad right? Cause I-its
Mah-h-hir-r-r-u." Before the dancer could even finish her sentence, tears pricked her eyes, threatening to release, her voice trembling and beginning to break. What was the point in going out there if all she'd do is cry? What was the point of it was bad news after all?

"Hey Hiyoko... you all good there?" The voiced echoed through the almost empty hall. Hiyoko could smell the grease as soon as the voice began to speak. The pink haired boy from the bus. "K-kazuichi?" She turned away from the door, sniffing and holding back tears. "Y-yeah! I'm- I'm fine ok! It's none of your business, pigbarf!" She shouted a little louder than expected. "Hey hey... I was just wondering ok?" The pink haired boy paused. "Hiyoko, your crying."
"WOW! Great observation dickhead" The sarcasm was so strong you could almost taste it. "Mahiru told me that she was meeting you at the fountain after school, Is that why're all sad? I don't get why?"

"Do you know what she's going to say?" Hiyokos voice trembled as she looked up at him.

"Yeah."

(HEYYY IM BACK FINALLY! I decided I should probably pick this back up and at least finish it rather than just leave you all with nothing lol. I've lost most motivation in the story since I'm not a big Danganronpa fan anymore but o well! Sorry to keep u guys waiting for so long ily all tysm for the support it means so much!💕💕)