4. Stop and stare

"Sorry? I didn't catch that last part...?" Mahiru said still staring into Hiyoko's eyes. "N-nothing! Shut up, I d-didn't say anything..." Hiyoko's skin flushed bright pink although she didn't know why, something about the tall red haired girl made her nervous.

Hiyoko quickly unwrapped her fingers from around Mahiru's soft freckled hand. "I was just asking but alright" Mahiru spoke awkwardly.

SHIT! Hiyoko thought to herself realising she already made a bad impression in front of Mahiru.

She  won't want to be friends with me, she's gonna hate me she probably already thinks I'm a jerk! Nothing can save me now-

A slim figure slid behind Mahiru, whispering something in her ear but obviously not trying to conceal their words. Kazuichi. "Better stay away from that one, she's a bit of a brat" pointing at Hiyoko. "HEY! Don't be so rude!" Mahiru tugged on the small singular braid of pink hair coming out from Kazuichi's beanie "OW OW OW EEEEEE- STOP IT WOULD 'YA?" The boy's high pitched screams echoed throughout the classroom, disturbing even the girl with the gaming console at the very back of the room.

"Is everything alright over here?" The boy with the green tie walked over to the trio, suspicious of the noise.

"Yeah," Mahiru finally let go of Kazuichi's hair. "Just fine" she smiled innocently as both Hiyoko and the boy with the green tie watched in confusion. "A- well then, I'm Hajime Hinata. The ultimate test subject. Nice to meet you." Hajime slid his hand behind his neck unsure of what to do next.

"I'm Mahiru Koizumi, the ultimate photographer. Nice to meet you too, Hajime."

Hiyoko still stared up at Mahiru, a photographer She thought to herself. In her eyes Mahiru could probably be a model.

"The names Kazuichi Soda! The ultimate mechanic, call me Kaz"

Hajime, Mahiru and Kazuichi turned to the short blonde girl, waiting for her.
She cleared her throat a little. "I'm Hiyoko Saionji! The ultimate traditional dancer!"

"Nice to meet you Hiyoko." Mahiru's eyes glistened as her lips curled slightly into a soft sweet smile. "So Hiyoko, are you exited? I mean, for the next three years at hopes peak?"