5. Late oranges

Hiyoko walked up to the window where Mahiru stood looking out across the school grounds. "Yeah! But I'm mostly just excited to get out of the shit hole that I lived in-" Hiyoko stopped herself before she could spill out anything else too personal

Dammit

The tall redhead turned to the short blonde, worry and confusion plastered across her face. But she could tell by the look on Hiyoko's face. Mahiru would have to get closer to Hiyoko to find out the answer to why she said that.

"Hmm... I get what you mean. I'm excited for dorms, I've never lived in dorms or as a matter of fact, with anyone else other than my Dad." Mahiru continued on the conversation like nothing happened. For Hiyoko's sake.

Ever so slowly, more and more people filled the once empty classroom as the two girls talked to past time. "12, 13. 14 including me." said Hiyoko quietly to herself, counting her new classmates.

"I hope I'm in a dorm with you, Mahiru!" An innocent smile (and a small blush) spread across not only Hiyoko's face, but mahirus too, Causing both girls to giggle a little. "Me too, Hiyoko. Me too" Mahiru spoke softly.

"Good morning everyone! The bell is about to ring so kindly take your seats!"  A young woman's voice boomed across the classroom so suddenly as if she appeared teleported there. All 14 students turned their heads in the direction of the voice and listened to what she said, and taking there seats. Her voice sounded like what sweet milk tea tastes like, her hair flowed elegantly behind her back as she stood in front of the high wooden desk. (if you could even call it a desk? It was small enough to be a pedestal)

"Is everyone here? Well, let's hope so." Her smile was so wide and friendly that you would've thought her face was permanently stuck like that. "I'm Miss Chisa Yukizome! I'll be your home room teacher for this year, I hope we can all get a long!"

"Jeeeeez..." Hiyoko opened her mouth before she even realised what she was doing. "A four year old could write a crappy introduction like that! God that was so cheesy too, you sound like the most generic teacher ever."

"Hiyoko!" Mahiru exclaimed in a loud whisper, her eyes widened at the short blonde's comments.

Miss Yukizome reacted so subtly it was barely noticeable, but it was there. A bit of confusion, then determination. She stared down at the paper in front of her "Hiyoko Saionji, Ultimate traditional dancer, am I correct?"
Hiyoko nodded, hiding her slight fear.

Silence lingered in the air.

"Well nice to meet you too, Hiyoko! I'll make sure to change it up a bit next time, alright? Now on with the roll!"

All of a sudden, the sliding doors of the classroom flung open revealing two very different girls. "Sorry we're late Teach!" The first girl spoke with confidence and joy as if she wasn't even late in the first place.

Late on the first day at a new school? Jeez can you be more stupid?

The second girl was the embodiment of opposite, her thick purple hair covering her face slightly, but not enough to hide the rivers down her cheeks. "Fueeee~ I-I'm sorry I'm late! I d-d-didn't- I-I didn't mean t-to be!"

If there was one type of person that Hiyoko hated most out of this world, it would definitely be people who apologise too much, for most the time, absolutely no reason. The purple haired girl was exactly that.

(Sorry this chapter has been really boring and uneventful but I'll try not to make the next chapter like this one! Have a good day/night and drink some water💕)