8. The girl from the magazine

"What are the doors for?" Hiyoko looked up at the 5 doors that stood tall in front of her. "Ibuki heard they're the research labs! It's where we go to like... focus on talents? YEAH, That's what it is" Ibuki skipped through the first door and the other 3 followed, Artistic was inscribed across the plaque above the door.

The four walked through the door and down the wide hallway, on both sides of the girls stood doors with names above them, each had one large window and plenty of space inside. Some rooms were larger and instead of simply one person, the rooms had up to four different names above. Finally the group reached a name that was familiar, Hiyoko's research lab...Yet only 3 rooms down, was Mahiru's. Hiyoko's heart lifted a little as she realised how close she and mahiru would be, if she played her cads right.

"Mikan right? Omg, I haven't seen YOU in a while!" A high pitched voice filled with malice and lies perked up behind the group.

Hiyoko could already tell.

This was the voice of an absolute bitch.

She turned to face the voice, strawberry blonde hair in 2 fluffy parts, long thin legs and tall black boots. Hiyoko recognised her quickly. The girl from that fashion magazine, Junko Enoshima. What was a girl like junko doing talking to a whiney bitch like Mikan?  Finally, she replied "J-junko? Eughh~ I-I didn't expect to s-see you here! H-how are you doing since you were at the h-hospital?"  "Oh yknow nothin' much! Soooo.... Mikan~ do you have some time to spare?" Junko made a cute face at Mikan, putting the purple haired girl into a somewhat trance "y-yes junko! What is it?"

"Oh I just wanna chat! Hee hee" The models face suddenly changed from a sweet smile to a death stare directed at Mahiru, Hiyoko and Ibuki. "Alone. So, cmon Mikan!" She put up her facade once again, pulling Mikan by the arm.

"Well that was strange..." Mahiru began to speak after Junko and Mikan left. "Mhm. Really weird, but o well! Ibuki and the rest of her friends can still have fun together!" Ibuki perked up as the three of them left to check out the rest of the school.

The day was nearly over. It'd been 4 hours since Mikan left with Junko, there were no classes today as today was just for students to meet each other and get settled in, but the thought of Junko's strange interaction lingered within Hiyoko. Why would someone like junko talk to someone like Mikan? The bully and the victim co-existing? She pushed it away, hearing knocking on her dorm room door. "Ughhh... come in!" She called.
"Hey Hiyoko, can I sit here?" Mahiru walked through the door, closing it on her way in and pointing at hiyoko's bed right next to where she sat. "Y-yeah! Sure whatever..."

Mahiru sat close to Hiyoko, only inches away, initiating small talk with the short girl who was at the time brushing her long blonde hair. They chatted for what felt like an eternity to Hiyoko, yet... she enjoyed every bit of it. Talking to Mahiru was like walking on a beach at sunset, calming, like nothing else mattered. Hiyoko felt at ease as she laughed with Mahiru as if they were childhood friends, until that is, Mahiru brought up Mikan. "I'm kind of... worried I guess, about Mikan. Junko seems... uh... odd. But I'm glad Mikans made a friend at least." The redhead smiled but her worried face shone through, Hiyoko was about to reply when-

As if summoned by Mahiru's words, the door to the girls dorm opened and shut,  followed by an excited squeal. Soon all three girls gathered in the kitchen, each one with a curious look. Mikan squealed happily again "J-Junko asked me on a date!"