11. Pull her hair will she cry?

"What are you staring at skanky bitch?" Hiyoko struggled to get the words out of her mouth, Mikan's gaze had a certain feeling to it, a feeling of a pure hate. "Eeee! I-I'm sorry Hiyoko! I d-didn't even realise I was staring I'm sorry!" And just like that the feeling was gone, it was almost like Mikan was a different person in that moment. Hiyoko brushed it off and walked over to the pantry to pour herself some cereal.

As if nothing had happened Hiyoko ate breakfast and and quickly headed to her new class. Mahiru and was already in class, she talked with Kazuichi just like yesterday, they bickered like siblings. "Oh! Good morning Hiyoko~" From the corner of her eye Mahiru spotted Hiyoko and waved over to her as Hiyoko skipped over to the two. "Good morning Mahiru!" The short blond jumped up a little, her smile shining brightly towards Mahiru, totally ignoring Kazuichi. "Hey Jeez! Morning to you too Hiyoko" Kazuichi stood behind the short blonde waving sarcastically.
"Hmm do you hear something Mahiru?" Hiyoko continued to look up at the redhead girl.
"Hmm?"
"It sounds like an annoying little bitch!" Hiyoko jumped up again just like a little kid and laughed as Kazuichi whined and went on about how 'uncalled for' that was. Mahiru contributed to the giggling aswell.

Once again, out of what seemed like nowhere, Miss Chisa appeared wooden clipboard in hand and a warm smile across her face. She called the toll and they started the day with basic subjects that Hiyoko barely paid attention too, her mind was focused on Mahiru.

Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more. Mahiru's just a friend and nothing more.

She repeated the words in her mind as if she was memorising a script. She couldn't like Mahiru in that way...no...she couldn't like any girl in that way. The girl in question spoke to Hiyoko in a soft angelic tone "Are you okay Hiyoko? Do you need help with question 8?" Hiyoko almost fell out of her seat, knocking over her pencil case which caught the attention of the boy in front of her, Hajime Hinata.

"You good back there?" He turned back to Hiyoko looking at her, Mahiru and the stationary sprawled across the floor.

"Uh yeah I'm fine okay?"

"You sure, your stationery's all over the fl-"

"Yeah I can see that shit for brains!"

After what felt like 3 years, both first period and second period were over and it was now lunchtime. "Hey Hiyoko, would you like to join Ibuki and I for lunch?" Mahiru smiled sweetly at Hiyoko which set the blonde girls heart a flutter. "Y-yeah! Sounds good!" Hiyoko grabbed her bento and Mahiru led her to one of the many courtyards where Ibuki sat. She looked slightly... sad but still cheerful enough to act like her normal self. "Hello Ibuki" Mahiru took a seat on the metal bench across from Ibuki, Hiyoko sat next to her. "Heya roomie number 2 and 3!" She cheered as she did yesterday yet this time she sighed afterwards "Roomie number 1 still won't talk to Ibuki..." She looked down at her food sadly. "UGHH stop worrying about that skank she's probably fine!" Hiyoko spoke cautiously as she didn't agree what she was saying, she didn't think Mikan was fine either but nonetheless she brushed it off.

The three sat on the hard uncomfy benches that surrounded the main courtyard, Hiyoko felt safe in that one moment, happy, safe, a moment she wanted to stay in forever. That was until they saw them.
Junko and Mikan were standing close to eachother as they walked past not noticing Ibuki, Mahiru and Hiyoko. Junko crept into the crevice of two class blocks and Mikan followed, in the blink of an eye Junko was suddenly pulling Mikans hair tight as to comtrol her like reigns on a horse. She began to cry. The model said something at the nurse while smiling maliciously, who knew what she was saying.

"What the fuck..." the words slowly seeped out of Hiyokos mouth.
"I knew there was something wrong about Junko asking her out! I'm going to go over there." Mahiru stood up ready to stomp over to the 'loving couple' but Ibuki tugged on her skirt to tell her not to go. The musician sighed and looked over to where Mikan and Junko stood. "Hmm... Ibuki doesn't think you should do that, it won't make any difference."
"What? Ibuki's actually saying something reasonable and smart!" Hiyoko scoffed and giggled but quickly stopped remembering the situation. "Uh- I agree, Mahiru. We should wait, this might be a one time thing!" The short blonde shrugged but you could tell by just a look that she was just as worried as Ibuki and Mahiru. Mahiru slowly sat back down, not taking her eyes off Mikan and Junko. "Okay... we'll wait, but I think we should probably keep an eye on Junko Enoshima". The other girls nodded in agreement, they would help Mikan for sure but first they needed to see if she even needed to be saved.

(Heyy so it's my birthday on Tuesday so Happy Birthday to me ๑>◡<๑! Also sorry for not posting in a bit but I think I'll probably be posting once a month from now on! At least I hope so but we'll see. Anyways hope you enjoyed this part.)