1. Tempermental Blonde

Eyes fluttered open in a white haze as the loud beeping noise of the alarm clock droned on. Hiyoko Saionji arose from her bed and wiped her dreary eyes, walking to the kitchen and preparing for the day ahead.

Today was special, today was the day Hiyoko would start the her new life at Hopes Peak Academy with the title of Ultimate Traditional Dancer. Hopes peak was special you see, only those deemed as "ultimates" could get into the prestigious academy.

She had woken up extra early for the special event, determined not to be late and make a fool of herself, but anxiety spread through her body like the blood coursing in her veins. "It'll be different this year! Y-you'll make friends and be popular! You'll be nice to people. You have to... otherwise-" her voice cracked at the thought of her past.

Bully. That was the best way to describe Hiyoko. Nonetheless, the short temperamental blonde pushed the the memories to the back of her mind and got on with getting ready.

Slipping on her classic orange kimono decorated in white blossoms and packing her bags. Hopes peak academy was also a boarding school which was great for Hiyoko, she would take any chance to get out of the hell-hole she called "home".

A knot rose in Hiyoko's throat as she stepped on the bus, carrying her- or more accurately, attempting to carry her 3 bags of clothes and other necessities. 

She locked eyes with a boy her age, his green jumpsuit covered in patches and pockets contrasted his matted pink hair shoved under a black beanie. He sat on the bus staring at her in confusion for a moment before finally standing up to help.

"What are you doing you ugly pedo? Give me back my bag!" Hiyoko hissed at the boy in her usual bratty tone as he grabbed one of her bags.

"Woah jeez! I was just gonna help you with your bags, you looked like you were struggling a bit. Don't have to be such a bitch about it...." the boy replied back in a slightly high pitched voice as he looked down at the girl. She was just a bit over half his height after all.

"O-oh thank you I guess.... Wait what did you just call me?! Im perfectly capable of doing this so get your ugly ass han-" she stopped herself before she could mess this up by more. "Umm.... m-maybe I do need help. Thanks I guess."

"Grateful aren't you just? Alright I'll help you, where you gonna sit?" A genuine smile was plastered across his face showing his pointy, shark like teeth.

Hiyoko just scowled but deep down, she was grateful and honestly happy "Over here will be fine so hurry up!"

Hiyoko and the pink haired boy who's name she found out was Kazuichi Souda, sat near eachother on the rest of the bus ride to the school that would change their lives forever.