3. Freckles like stars

The light door slid open with ease, revealing the mostly bare classroom and the few students inside already.
Hiyoko stared at the faces of those who we're already in the class, judging their every feature.

'A blonde guy, pshh he's barely taller than me!'

'Another blonde guy but jeez, what a fat ugly pig.'

'A pinkish mauve haired girl playing on some kinda gameboy? What a nerd.'

'A brunette boy with a green tie. Booooooriinggg!'

'And...god she's really pretty-'

Wait WHAT? What was she thinking? Hiyoko stared at the red headed girl, with freckles sprinkled across her body like stars. She didn't even know the girl, yet something about her kind, subtle smile drew Hiyoko towards her.

"Kazuichi! What- why are you here?"

"Wha- MAHIRU?!"

Kazuichi and the red haired girl stood staring at each other, visibly confused and almost distraught. Hiyoko simply watched while theorising what their relationship is. Ex's? Still dating? Lost siblings? A forbidden romance? The possibilities swirled around Hiyokos head quietly hoping they weren't dating.

Kazuichi and the red haired girl he called "Mahiru" talked for a while as Hiyoko explored the classroom.

"Hey! Hiyoko right?" A soft voice spoke from behind Hiyoko. The sudden presence behind the short blond scarred her, tripping over her orange kimono the second she heard the voice. "Owww...." Hiyoko whined quietly, not noticing the slender, freckled hand reaching down to help her. Mahiru.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't think I would scare you that much, I'll help you up don't worry." Mahiru voice was calm and soothing, she gave an embarrassed smile as she lifted Hiyoko by the hands to help her regain her balance after the fall. Hiyoko stared into her eyes, her soothing voice, her kind nature, her soft hands, her shiny hair and pale freckled skin. Hiyoko was going to be Mahiru's friend. She had to.

"Uhh... are you alright? Y-you can let go of my hands now you know?" Mahiru awkwardly chuckled, revealing watching Hiyoko stare into her eyes.

"Oh shit-"