9. Questionable intentions

"SHE WHAT??" Hiyoko almost yelled loud enough for the dorms next door to hear, she was in utter surprise by what Mikan had said. Mahiru and Ibuki were no less surprised.

"A PERSON LIKE JUNKO? DATING A STUTTERING CRYBABY WHORE LIKE YOU?! AHAHHA" She couldn't help but laugh at what Mikan had said. To which Mikan almost began crying. Junko was a high end model and fashionista, known by everyone across the nation of japan, not to mention her iconic, bold and brash personality. Even in interviews, she didn't try to hide how cocky and ambitious she was, at all times she was prepared to crush her competition. All this compared Mikan, a shy, stuttering nurse with zero social skills, a doormat type person. So why would Junko want anything to do with her. It clicked with Mahiru just seconds before Hiyoko.

"Hey... uh Mikan? Are you sure she actually wants to date you? Like a romantic relationship?" Mahiru began slow and calmly as not to alarm Mikan.
"Y-y-yes! Junko said so. She said s-she wanted to d-d-date me! D-do... do you n-not believe m-me, Mahiru?" Mikan took a step back as if she was worried Mahiru was going to attack, although she ignored Hiyokos comments for the most part. "No! Mikan... uh... well-" The red-head struggled to find the right way to vocalise her ideas, trying her best to soothe Mikan rather than to target her. "I'm just wondering if this is the, well, 'healthiest' relationship. Im- no, WE'RE just wondering if Junko has any ill intent."

Mahiru failed and both Hiyoko and Ibuki knew it.

Mikan snapped.

"Y-Y-YOU JUST WANT T-TO HURT MEEE!" Her hand shook violently as she pointed at Mahiru, then the other two. "I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING GOOD IN MY LIFE A-AND YOU ALL- YOU ALL J-JUST WANT TO R-R-RUIN IT FOR ME!" Mikan cried out as she ran to here room, tears leaping out of her pale pink eyes.

The three girls stood in silence in the kitchen of the dorm room. Hiyoko finally broke the silence with a loud sigh while she looked up at Mahiru who's face was plastered with worry and disappointment. Hiyoko simply stared for a while before wrapping her arms around her. Mahiru jumped a little, standing there confused by the short blonde girl pulling her into a hug, eventually she gave in and wrapped her own arms around Hiyoko. "It's okay Mahiru, you tried your best she just seems on edge, there was nothing you could've done." Hiyoko hugged her tightly to which Mahiru chuckled softly, stroking Hiyokos hair a little which made Hiyoko blush, bringing her back to reality. And the realisation that another being still stood in their presence.

Ibuki Mioda looked sollemly at the ground before slowly walking to her own room, reading the room and leaving Mahiru and Hiyoko alone. Slipping on her headphones to play her new favourite song and snuggling up in her new bed. She was disappointed in herself too.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Don't worry though, I am definitely continuing this story and I have a lot of ideas on how this will go. Also THANK YOU FOR 1k READS💕🥺💕💕🥺