01

Few Years Ago

Few Years Ago.

“Welcome, one and all present here! We all have gathered here to celebrate and appreciate the best rank of Kabir International School. The student who is getting this honour is not just an amazing student but also the pride of this esteemed institution. Her hard work, her attitude, her personality is so charming that we are blessed that she is our student. She has topped the business management studies with 97 percentile which is the highest score till now. Please, can we have Ms. Ahana Gautum Kapoor on the stage!” The principal delivered these words on the open stage in front of around 500 students standing on the ground with their hands crossed back.

Ahana Kapoor, held her chin up and walked up the stage.

She accepted the trophy offered by her principal and then, walked to the podium mic.

She breathed heavily before speaking.

“Good mor-” She started with her calm voice but realized that the mic was turned off. Maybe some power cut?

She glanced her teachers once and then again started to speak but the mic was still without any electric energy.

She looked at the teacher and principal again.

One of the teachers, who was standing along the principal on the stage came forward and started checking the mic.

He tapped the mic more than once but this time the mic was on and due to that tapping, weird noise jumped off the speakers. Students standing out there closed their ears immediately.

The teacher stepped back not before giving a pleasant smile to Ahana indicating to speak now.

“Goo-”

“Peeppeeeeeeppp!!” A student, in the back started blowing air in the trumpet kept on the side. Everyone started staring that guy but he was so stubborn that he didn't even moved a bit.

Atlast, when principal ma'am itself gave him her dead stares, he got up and left the ground immediately.

Ahana was tired now. She didn't want to spoil her day so badly. She just eyed her principal to award her. Principal understood her signal and stepped forward to honour her the award.

Well, this is the worst feeling when you are supposed to feel pride, an attitude of being different from other students, being a number 1 mate in the entire school but suddenly your most precious day gets spoilt just because the mic had no power or a foolish, idiotic guy started showing his no-so-good trumpet skill?

~~~

“You sick, Khajoor! How dare you play with my day?” Ahana kept her award loudly on the canteen table.

There, Dhruv gave a perfect, soundy hi-fi to his friends.

“It was so fun to me, Peanut. Aww...but I spoilt your day! Sorry but no sorry, peanut,” he spoke and laughed out loud.