037

••Dhruv••

••Dhruv••

"1,2,3,4,5 and 6" I counted my steps ahead on the board of Ludo.

"You are still pretty behind!" Dad chuckled.

"I ain't scared and.... Remember slow and steady wins the race!" I said and rolled my dice again as I had got a six in the last turn.

"Its 2. Here, it goes!" I said moving my pawn two more steps forward.

"Nice move!" Dad exclaimed as I blocked his pawn by reserving all the safe zones before him.

We are just bored. Mom is busy with something that she didn't wanted Dad to join her while Ahana is still not opening the door. She has locked the room door and went on terrace. She strictly told me not to follow her otherwise I'll have to spend my entire night in the hall which I can never think of.

Dad brought this Ludo board from his room and asked me to play with him. I could have just denied him but even he looked tired. To lighten up his mood and to kill my time, I accepted and started playing this kid's game, Ludo. Although Ludo is something I still love.

"Dad, this is cheating!" I flipped the board and shouted.

"What's cheating? I made all my four Pawns enter my house. Now is it my fault that you are losing three times in a row?" Dad started laughing and collected all the materials fallen down.

"I don't believe this. We'll bring another match!" I helped him arranging the tokens back on the board and handed him the dice.

"Son, I am your Dad." Dad laughed and took the dice from me.

"I'll win this round no matter what!" I concentrated my eyes more than before on his game.

"Come'on... Just need a one to kill your token!" I said and prayed to God to bless me with one on the dice.

Today, I think, my stars are upset with me. I get the opposite of everything I want. This time I required one on the roll but look, received two!

"Now what! Uh huh! Move your token ahead so that I'll kill yours!" Dad said excitedly.

"How do you win everytime? Did you place a magnet down on the board?" I shouted.

"Listen once! I am not a cheater. It's my luc-" I showed him my palm as I was receiving a call.

It was from Ahana! At 11.56pm.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dh... Uh... Dhruv, I know I shouldn't call you because I am angry at this moment but please can you help me with the belt?" She said.