07

••Ahana••

••Ahana••

"Ahana! Ahana! Ahana! Ahana! Ahana!" Everyone hooted my name. I was still nodding my head in denial until my mom came and dragged me on the stage.

"Come on!!! I know you are the best dancer." She said and left me alone on the stage.

I removed my heels out and motioned to turn the lights off.

Today is my sangeet night. Everyone danced well including my and Dhruv's Parents. It was our couple dance time but I denied it. Hearing my denial, everyone shouted at me to atleast dance alone. It wasn't that I don't know how to dance but I long back quit dancing.

I turned my back to the audience and waited for the flashlight to focus me and the song to be played on the woofer.

Jaane kaise baandhe tu ne akhiyon ke dor

Man mera khincha chala aaya teri or

Mere chehre ke subh zulfon ki shaam

Mera sab kuchh hai piya ab se tere naam

Nazron ne teri chhuwa

To hai yih jaadu hua

Hone lagi hoon main haseen

Aafreen Aafreen Aafreen

I was taking turns in my heavy attire when I remembered my most horrible incident of life. I don't know for how long I was just rotating but each and every memory of that night played in my mind. This was the reason why I never wanted to dance again.

I was stopped by... Dhruv, how??? Even I don't know. Tear had formed in the corner of my eyes.

"Radhika!" This was the thing I could say.

He shaked me a little bringing back to my sense when I heard a loud applause from the audience.

Thank God, I was slow enough to say her name.

"Okay?" Dhruv asked shaking my arm a little.

"Ye...Yeah. What can happen to me??" I said and moved towards my seat back.

"Wow!! I never knew you could dance so well." Prachi Ma'am said holding my hands.

"Thank you, ma'am." I smiled.