040

••Ahana••

••Ahana••

"Dhruv, the reports came?" For the 15th time, I called Dhruv and asked. I just can't tell how much scared and nervous I am, both at the same time.

A different kind of war is being fought inside me. It feels as if someone has deliberately kept a stone on my heart. Something is definitely going to happen but what? Is it right?

Today, Dadi has arranged a small pooja for Dadaji. It's his birthday today. We didn't wanted to celebrate his birthday as a sad day. We wanted to cherish the good memories with him.

Right now, Dhruv had left for some work related to the occasion. He seems to be a little off from yesterday evening. Suddenly, he became numb. My reports were supposed to be emailed yesterday on Dhruv's email id but as per Dhruv, he didn't receive any mail. I still can't figure out whom should I ask for my reports. I can't even share it with our parents. They'll be worried for no reason.

"Ahana, I gave you the same answer exactly 14 minutes ago. Why are you calling me again and again? I told you that I'll tell you about the reports when I'll get them. Don't make a fuss over it! Let me do my work!" He fumed and hanged the call immediately.

First time!

It was for the first time when I heard him this angry. What's wrong with him? He was getting angry just because I kept on asking him about the reports?

Where did his anger go when I called him numerous times just to know what he'll eat in the dinner?

A lone tear escaped from my eyes.

Why is my heart jumping so fast? Why do I feel uneasy inside me? Why am I getting nervous every now and then? What's wrong with me?

This uneasiness in me is eating me up. I can't get myself relieved unless the reports are in my hand.

~~~

"Ahana, go and call Dhruv down! He's taking a lot of time to get ready," Arpita said.

I nodded and moved up. With slow steps, I was heading towards our room. I am scared as well as angry at the same time. First, Dhruv is not telling me about the reports and second, he is getting angry every now and then. He didn't even said sorry after returning home. What's this ego of his?

Knock Knock!

"Ahana? Um......"

"Everybody is calling you done," I replied with a cold face. Before he could open his mouth, I moved out of the room.