Regret and Ring-pops

TW; Implied Suicide, Swearing/Yelling

-

The group sat in the dimly lit living room talking in hushed voices, waiting for Nick to return with Karl. They had heard the shouting before, not being able to make out any words, but they all knew something big was happening. After Karl had stormed out, Quackity was worried that he was going to do something he'd regret, but Jimmy had known Karl for longer. He knew exactly where he was going, and reassured the rest of the boys that he would be okay, even though he wasn't sure.

They waited together until they heard the door open, they watched as Karl poked his head in and slowly crept into the house. They sighed in relief as he came into the room and gave them an awkward smile from within the hoodie. He gave an awkward wave from the hallway and was immediately tackled by Quackity, who was unbelievably relieved to see him safe.

"I'm so sorry dude, I was being so dramatic," Karl explained, pulling Alex into a tight hug. They seemed to forgive him, saying their own pieces, except for Dream, who continued to sit on the couch looking irritated.

"Dream are you okay?" Karl asked, noticing how he stayed still.

"No, I'm not fucking okay!" Dream snapped at him leaning forward. His tone startled the whole group, and they looked at him with defensive eyes, ready to protect Karl.

"You can't pull that shit on us dude! We thought you were fucking dead, you don't get to come back and act like everything is normal," He yelled, shifting to the edge of the couch. George put a hand on his chest to hold his boyfriend back, and Quackity got in between Dream and Karl, quickly going to his defense.

"Hey, can't you see he's fucking trying! Do you even know what the hell is going on with him?"

"No, I don't, and I don't give a shit! He doesn't get to do that to us!" He yelled, standing up and getting in Alex's face.

"If you don't know, then you can't judge him! He's doing the best he can, no fucking thanks to you. He invited us over to help us out because he cares about us, and you're fucking attacking him!" Karl tried to stop Alex as he kept yelling by putting his hand on the short boy's shoulder, trying to hold him back.

"Oh, he cares about us, does he? Tell that to fucking Sapnap!" he shouted, lifting an open hand to point at the hallway where Nick stood glaring and the group, gripping his keys, his knuckles turning white.

"Dream, stop it!" George yelled trying to deescalate the situation.

"You're going to sit there and tell me Karl cares what happens to him! We all heard them yelling, it didn't exactly sound caring to me, unless you heard something I missed!"

"Clay!" George yelled, finally getting Dream to shut up. A hush fell over the room as people turned to look and Nick. He made direct eye contact with Dream, glaring harshly. He took a glance at Karl and headed up the stairs. They heard the door latch softly and Dream turned back to Karl, slightly softening his tone.

"Look, we all love you Karl, but you cannot do that shit to us. We - I thought you were dead," turning away from the group, he made his way back to the office where he was staying, and George followed close. Karl just stood there, completely dissociated from all the yelling. He couldn't tell when his friends called his name, trying to comfort him, or help him in some way. He just dropped his head to the floor and moved up the stairs as well, leaving Alex and Jimmy in the living room.

-

Karl sat on the floor of his room, just breathing softly. Not panicking, not worried, just breathing. He felt dirty. His mouth felt tainted from swearing at Nick, and the rest of his body felt sweaty and stained from Nick kissing him. So, he sighed and grabbed clothes from his closet, and made his way to the bathroom to shower.