Chapter 4

This chapter is twice as long as the last, so buckle up. 

*not mine*

Percy's POV:

Percy woke up to Annabeth sitting up sharply next to me, gasping and clutching her stomach. He looked at the clock and saw it was 12:49am. He leaned over to Annabeth and drew soft circles on her back while she curled back up into a ball. After a minute, she relaxed.

"You okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good," She sighed. "Just another fake contraction and now I have a headache."

"I'll go get you some water."

"Thanks Seaweed Brain."

"Of course."

Percy walked downstairs to the kitchen to get her a water bottle so she would have it through the night. He walked upstairs to see her in deep thought, with her eyebrows knit and her eyes staring at the wall. When she saw him, she looked at him and smiled. "Thank you, Perce."

"No problem." He answered.

She took a few sips of her water and then placed it on the nightstand. Not that long after, she grabbed at her sides and curled into another ball, panting.

Percy moved closer to her again and rubbed her back. "Annabeth? Are you sure you're good?" He asked, panicked.

She grunted and rocked back and forth. "Percy, what time is it?"

"It's 12:57, why?"

"...I think I'm going into labor."

He sat there, shocked for a couple of seconds. "Annabeth you're only 8 months along, aren't we supposed to have another month?"

"Well they are coming now."

Percy got out of bed and helped Annabeth stand up. She brushed her hair and teeth while he put on some black sweatpants and a plain while T-shirt. After helping her get dressed and getting their bags ready, they left the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy was glad that the majority of New Greece was built already. They had a small hospital in the middle of the town that wasn't far from them. After arriving, Annabeth was quickly put in a room and waited for a certain doctor.

Will Solace walked in the room shortly after. He was surprised to see them there already.

"Damn Annie," He laughed. "They are already sick of you."

"Don't call me Annie," She snapped.

Will raised his hands. "Sure, whatever. I'm gonna have to check how dilated you are, okay? Put your feet up here," he said pointing to the stirrups.

"Okay..." Annabeth murmured. She grabbed Percy's hand and he started rubbing small circles in the back of it.

After a minute, Will spoke up. "You're only 5 cm right now. Got to wait till 10 before we can start."

Annabeth groaned and fell back into her pillows. Percy winced, this was going to be a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth's POV:

Annabeth tried to sleep, but found it fruitless. It was around 3:30am, and Percy had just stepped out of the room to call his mom and tell her that Annabeth was in labor. Her water broke around half an hour ago, and the contractions only got worse. She said a few prayers to Artemis, Apollo, and Athena.