Chapter 30

I'm back ;) I have state testing next week, so again it will most likely be another posting gap. Sorry in advance. 

No

Annabeth's POV:

They say the first 10 seconds of your day are the best because you haven't remembered what happened the day before. Unfortunately for Annabeth, that was not so true. On the bright side, Percy was still next to her when she woke up, which was the first time in she didn't know how long.

She didn't want to move or get up, so she didn't. She stayed curled up in bed with her husband, enjoying the fact he was still asleep.

Annabeth got a cold chill that ran up her spine. She shivered and pulled the blankets up around herself tighter. Percy subconsciously rolled onto his side and pulled Annabeth into him. She smiled for half a second at him, even though he wouldn't see it.

She thought about their baby. She was supposed to be looking forward to having another one and enjoy being pregnant with their child. Sadly, that was gone now.

None of their friends knew yet, except for Will and Nico. Nico, who had watched Silena and Luke until Hestia appeared, had sensed the death the second he saw her at night. He hadn't said it, but his expression said it all.

They hadn't discussed it much. Athena and Poseidon already knew, obviously, but they would still have to tell their friends. Annabeth thought it would be smartest not to tell Piper and Jason until they got back, she didn't want Piper thinking about her while she was on her honeymoon. As for the rest of their friends, well, Annabeth sort of hoped Nico would tell them for her.

Collective and muffled screams were heard through the window. Annabeth frowned and checked the time; 9:30am. She sat up in bed, wincing from the pain in her abdomen. Annabeth peered out the window from their bed, looking for the source of the problem. From where their house was, she could see down to the cabins. Everyone gathered around the center where Hestia's fire always burned. This time, however, her fire was out.

Annabeth flopped back down again. She didn't have the energy to figure it out at that moment.

At that moment, Percy stirred next to her. He blinked open his gorgeous sea green eyes and stared at her. While usually bright and cordial, his eyes looked dull. Annabeth could relate to that.

"Morning," he muttered.

"Morning," Annabeth repeated.

Percy furrowed his brows and sat up, also looking out the window. He sighed and laid back down. He put his hands on his forehead and pushed them back through his hair. "Hestia's fire went out."

"I saw that," Annabeth noted. "Why?"

"She left."

"Left where?"

Percy pulled Annabeth back into him and hugged her as he explained. "Last night she told me that she was leaving for Rome. A fight broke out on Olympus and she said that she snapped at the rest of the gods. Now I don't know Hestia's idea of 'snapped' but she sounded sad. She said she needed time away from Olympus so she left for her old forum in Rome. She told me she'd be there for a week. Until then, her hearths and fires will be out."

"I wonder if Jason and Piper will see her," Annabeth stated.

"I bet they will. Speaking of, she gave me something that I was supposed to give to you. She said that it, um..." Percy diverted his eyes away from her. "She said it would make you feel better."

"Oh," Annabeth said. She didn't know what Hestia would've given her, but she didn't know a lot of things at that moment, which bothered her.

Percy sighed, "I'm gonna get a call from Reyna sometime in the next 30 minutes about Hestia/Vesta's flame going out."