Chapter 9

Here's another chapter! Also, there are always two people who view the new part in my story every time right after I post, so I don't know who you two are, but you always make my day. And if anyone needs to talk, comment or message me because I'm always open to talk (I've been told I should be a therapist ;)

Not mine

Percy's POV:

Percy woke up to Annabeth snuggled up on his chest. He knew it would be the last thing that she would admit to but he knew she loved it. Thankfully, the twins only woke up twice that night, which was a new record. The second thing he noticed was that it was snowing.

Mr. D had to occasionally lift the borders to let in the rain when the grass got too dry or it was just a really hot day out. But since it was December in New York, there was a soft blanket of snow on the ground.

Percy knew that the younger kids would love it. Heck, he loved it because he didn't have to teach sword fighting. Technically, he was on paternity leave from it, but because a lot of their female friends were obsessed with the babies, he had time to give lessons to campers for an hour or so. That being said, snow days just hit different.

The snow was more of a storm though than a soft dusting. It came down hard with dark clouds looming overhead. Even the Sound was churning with harsh waves, chunks of ice being tossed around in it. Probably some fight on Olympus, he concluded.

Annabeth stirred from beside him and cuddled deeper into his side, pulling up the blankets to her chin. That was yet another thing they never agreed on.  He preferred to sleep with the sheets at his waist because he liked to sleep in the cold better. Annabeth, however, claimed it was freezing and always had extra blankets piled up on her side.

She blinked her gray eyes open and looked up at him. They just stared at each other for a few seconds before she looked out the window.

"Well that's not good," she stated, sitting up with the blankets. He sat up next to her, just to have Annabeth lean over into his side with her blanket cocoon.

Percy chuckled at her and kissed the top of her head. "Good morning, Wise girl."

"Morning, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth mumbled.

They sat in silence for a little longer, staring out the window watching the snowfall. Finally, Annabeth broke the silence.

"I want soup," she concluded.

"Annabeth, it's 8 o'clock. You haven't even had breakfast, why the heck do you want soup?"

"Not now, later. On cold winter days you always have to have warm soup and hot cocoa. We can see if our friends want to come over and we can all have soup."

Percy chuckled at her idea. They both knew that Annabeth can't cook. She was getting better if he did say so. She had Hazel and Calypso over a lot who were invested in teaching her. Annabeth had seen Sally always have something for him, so she tried occasionally to have food for him. She wasn't the submissive housewife type, but she knew his love language was through food.

"Okay, Wise Girl. If you want soup then we can have soup," he said rolling his eyes.

She grinned at her victory and got out of bed, stretching. She was wearing his sweatpants and one of his shirts. He smiled at that and stood up as well. Percy walked down to the nursery to find Luke still asleep. Silena, however, was wide awake. He was surprised that she didn't scream and wail for attention when she first woke up, but Percy didn't complain. He picked her up and she stared back at him, not making a sound. Annabeth walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist, looking down at Silena. The baby just looked between both of them.