Chapter 29

2 chapters in one day, 3 in two days you're welcome. Now y'all are about to kill me for writing this.

Nope.

Percy's POV:

After Piper and Jason's wedding reception ended, Nico and Hazel shadow traveled them and a few others back to Camp half Blood with the help of Mrs. O'Leary. Jason and Piper had an overnight flight to Rome and left for the airport an hour after their reception. Percy and Annabeth had downplayed what had happened until the wedding was over because they didn't want to turn the attention away from the Grace's.

Once they were home, Annabeth had immediately changed out of her dress into his sweatshirt and shorts. She curled up on their bed under the covers, eyes closed but not asleep. Her breaths became elongated and heavy.

"Percy?" she mumbled.

Percy sat on the end of their bed in sweatpants and no shirt. "Yeah?"

"My stomach really hurts..."

"Do you think we need to go to the hospital?" He asked, rubbing her back.

"...Not yet... Clarisse took 8 shots while pregnant and her baby's okay," Annabeth recalled.

"But Clarisse's baby isn't at as much risk as ours," Percy reminded. He wasn't trying to scare her more than they already were, but he was so unsure himself. It took a lot for Percy to be scared, but when it came to his children, he would rather have them all safe than not.

"I just want to go to sleep..." Annabeth sighed. "We'll see if it's better in the morning."

Percy didn't want to wait and see if things got better, he wanted to know then. He got into bed with her and kissed the back of her neck. "I love you, Annabeth."

"I love you too, Percy." She twisted around so she faced him, still gripping her stomach. "I just don't know who would've spiked my drink..."

"Reyna's also got spiked so it may have been more people. And I don't know either, I wish I could tell you." Percy ran his thumb across her cheek softly. He continued to do so until she fell asleep. Percy checked on Silena and Luke (who had been graciously watched by Juniper and Grover) one last time before crawling back into bed with Annabeth. Even in her sleep, she looked anxious.

Percy sighed and turned off the light. Annabeth shifted around, trying to find a comfortable position while she slept. She pulled the covers up around her tighter and snuggled into his side subconsciously. Percy smiled and pulled her into him. Her head laid on his chest where she finally fully fell asleep.

He found it harder to keep his eyes open and before he knew it he was asleep, enjoying the small bit of peace. Even though they were worried about the baby, it was still so quiet, still, and calm.

Unfortunately, that would be the last bit of peace they had for a while.

At three in the morning, Percy woke up to Annabeth crying. He sat up and rubbed her back. "What's wrong?"

"It hurts," she cried.

"Where?"

"Everywhere." She was now sitting up in bed, doubled over in pain, clutching her stomach. She was breathing unevenly, trying to catch her breath while crying. "Percy... help me..."

There wasn't much he could do for her. "Okay, we need to go to the hospital now."

Annabeth croaked, "No..."

"Why?"

"I can't stand up... it hurts so bad..."

"Do you want me to carry you?" Percy asked.