Chapter 14

Thank you for 500+ reads! 

Not mine

Annabeth's POV:

Annabeth was sleeping peacefully next to her husband before she was awoken by a trumpet playing from outside. She didn't know how he did it, but Apollo managed to make that thing go full blast so it was heard all across the valley.

Somehow he managed to get a megaphone too, which Annabeth thought needed to be taken away. He went flashing between the cabins and New Greece, screaming.

"RISE AND SHINE! I DIDN'T DRIVE NO CHARIOT FOR ALL OF YOU TO SLEEP IN!"

"Asshole," she muttered. Percy groaned next to her and flipped his pillow over on top of his head.

The twins started crying from the noise. Annabeth stormed downstairs and flung open to the door.

"You know some of us have infants who are sensitive to noise! And it's 6:30am!" she screamed at him.

"Calm down, Annie. And put your tits away," he laughed. Annabeth rolled her eyes and stormed inside. She did happen to be wearing a thin white shirt that was semi see through, but she didn't care.

She walked into the nursery the same time Percy did. They tag teamed and each picked up a baby to calm. Annabeth rubbed one eye while bouncing Silena a bit. Not long after, they stopped crying.

"I'm going to get ready considering we aren't gonna get more sleep," She said.

"Come back when you're done so you can watch the babies," Percy said.

"'Kay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth didn't think she could take another minute. Athena and her had been in the arena for 3 hours now, and she was beat. Annabeth sat down on the bleachers and slumped forward. Her mother sat down next to her and rubbed her back.

"You're not doing that bad, Annabeth," she said. "But if you want to get back to where you were before, we have to keep going, okay?"

Annabeth nodded and stood back up, readying herself for another round. Athena had her spear in her right hand, waiting for her.

Finally, Annabeth charged. Together, they slashed and jabbed and parried against one another. Annabeth took her dagger and grabbed the sharp end of it in addition to the grip, holding it sideways against the spear. She ducked and released her hold on the point. They continued to fight until the point of Athena's spear came close to her throat, but not quite. Annabeth used the metal of the body of the spear and slid her blade down it, cutting her mother's hand at the base. This caught her off guard for a half a second. Annabeth made a maneuver she didn't even know she knew, and pointed her dagger at Athena's throat.

They both stood frozen in shock for a few seconds, panting.

"How did you do that?" her mother asked.

"I don't know," she answered quickly. Annabeth took the blade away from her throat and stepped back a bit.

Athena smiled at her. "You know," she started, "it never has been easy to beat the war goddess, and you did."

"I don't know how I did," she admitted.

"But you do know, because you just did. You aren't as far away as you think you are from being the fighter I know you to be."

Annabeth swallowed hard. She didn't think she was, but maybe for once her mind wasn't correct.

"Good job, Annabeth," Athena finished.