Chapter 22

Hello! I was going to end this story soon actually to start the prequel, but an idea hit me like a wrecking ball and now I have so much more to work with. Now please enjoy. 

Nope.

Percy's POV:

The screaming started at high noon.

It came from the half blood hill. Everyone was eating lunch and it had been a peaceful day until then. The seven were carrying conversation before it happened. A girl who looked to be 17 came running through the borders saying that she was being followed. They all stood up immediately.

Percy turned to Annabeth, "Wanna take the kids back to the house?"

Annabeth glared at him, "No, it's your turn. I want action."

"Annabeth please."

"Nope, your children are not a scapegoat to not letting me fight."

"Wise girl-"

Clarisse came up behind them and split them apart. She wacked Percy upside the head. "I'll watch them, you go play hero," she said. She gave a look to Annabeth before taking both the kids and going back to her cabin. Percy didn't have time to ask her why because the rest of the seven sprinted off to the hill.

The girl ran over to Jason and Percy. She had platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes. She wore a white shirt and jean shorts, both of which were too short. She was running so fast she didn't have time to slow down, and Percy had to stop her. She was hyperventilating.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked.

"I'm being chased," she panted.

"What's your name?" Percy said.

"Celeste," she answered.

"Okay, run through camp and look for anyone who's gonna help you, okay?" Percy ordered.

She nodded her head and ran off.

Jason scoffed, "You are very helpful."

Percy smirked, "I know right."

There wasn't much left for them to help with. Everyone had already taken care of the small pack of hellhounds that were after her. Jason and Percy got the honors of killing the last two.

Everyone seemed unfazed except for the girl who came running through, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Hazel glazed in the direction she ran off. "I've never seen her before."

"Neither have I," Annabeth noted. "But she's old enough where she would've been claimed already."

Leo shrugged, "Let's go find out."

~~~~~

Jason's POV:

They found the girl quickly, who was conveniently with Calypso. She seemed to have calmed down by now. Celeste, as they learned her name was, was sipping from a water bottle.

"You new?" Percy asked.

Celeste nodded, "I was instructed by my mother to come here from my dad's house."

"So," Jason started, "you look a lot older than 13, do you already know your godly parent?"

She nodded again, "Aphrodite."

Next to him, Piper looked disgusted. His dear fiance was a kind person who was always nice to new kids, but judging by how she dressed alone, she looked like another Drew.

Annabeth picked up, "So... you knew you were a demigod, but you still have never been to camp?"

Celeste nodded for the third time, "I came from my house in the Hamptons. My dad thought he could protect me from monsters, so I stayed there. It got a little out of hand, so I left."