The Proposal

My agent Maria was sitting in front of me with the cup of tea in her hands. My mother and I were ready for the usual discussion about my reputation.

-Maria I know why you are here and unfortunately we can't change my reputation without making it look forced. We can audition for a role that's a little more mature in some movies and maybe they're going to start seeing me differently-
I said with my mother nodded by my side.

-This is the problem Kaycee, no one will give you a more mature role cause no one believes you are capable to do it. In January the 5th and final season of Sunnyside up will be released and if you play another role like Avery's they will say that you can't do anything else-

Kaycee knew the woman was right but she was afraid to ask her what was the plan she had in mind. She used to give her this talk between a shooting and an interview just to remind her of this, but she came to sit on the table of her Los Angeles home just to tell her this? No, she had a plan.

-What's your plan?- I asked crossing my arms, I had finished my tea now.
-A fake relationship- She said smiling. Luck I had finished drinking. A fake relationship just to change my reputation? This was a stupid idea. And with who?

My mother by my side seemed attentive to the conversation. She knew that now the decisions were up to me and she was only there cause I wanted it. I looked at her anyway waiting for her to say something, but she didn't.

-Why?-
-Relationships change people. If the world start seeing you with a guy, they'il start seeing you for the 20 year old woman you are and no longer for a twelve little girl. And if he's a little more... Bad then you, you will have to learn to keep up with him so become more mature and stronger. It will be only for a year-

Do she really think it's going to work? Such a thing would bring more problems than anything. Fans know I would never be with a bad guy and then it's obvious that the relationship will seem forced, if people understand it will be even worse.

-This could make things worse, not better-
-It all will be organized. You will meet, spend some time together, you will begin to change for each other. We're going to give birth to the ship and then we're going to let it sail. When the world starts to see you differently, the relationship will end. In the interviews you will have to say that the relationship has changed you for the better and that you do not regret anything. Keep in mind that we're not just talking about your career here-
An entire show, a film already written and interpreted in real life.

While I was inside my thoughts my mother finally spoke.
-With who?-
-Sean Lew-

Hearing that name stopped my thoughts. I knew that singer, everyone knew him, but not cause of his voice. He was a drunk playboy, no one will ever believe in our relationship.
-Now you're making fun of me? Sean Lew is the last person I'd ever be in a relationship with. No one will believe it but, most important, I do not want- I said to my agent in a higher tone. Though I had begun to consider the thing, now was sure I would said no.

-Think about it- Mary said going out of my house. My mother start to take her things too.

-I think you should consider it- I looks at her without believing in her words.
-We're talking about Sean Lew mom-
-You don't know him personally, maybe it's not how you see him from gossip pages. Like you're not the little girl the world keeps seeing. Maria didn't ask you to marry him, it'll just be a short relationship, it will bring benefits to both of you- With those words my mother went away.

After cleaning the tea cups the first thing I did was write to my best friend to come over. I need to talk to her.

Sean

-I'm tired of seeing this- My agent said, throwing a magazine over my legs before turning off the television I was watching. I didn't even look at what it was, I already knew.

-Kid, you know I care about you. But another fight? I'm tired of reading these things-
-Looks like you're the only one who cares what magazine write-
The man took the bottle of liquor out of my hand and went to empty it on the kitchen sink.

-Hey, what are you doing?- I yelled at Rick. I was drinking that bottle.
-I talked to Kaycee Rice's agent. If the girl accepts, you two will start a fake relationship. We will clean your name and your person-
-Now you decide for me? Why she can choose and I can't?-
My kitchen was full of screams. It wasn't even the first time. The idea that Rick was now starting to make my decisions made me as angry as ever.

-It's clear you can't take decisions by yourself. It won't be forever, a limited time. She can choose cause she have to deal with someone like you while you have a decent person to deal with- He said in a calmer voice.
-Your music don't sell like used to, people start to hate you more day by day. If you wasn't good at signing your career would have ended two years ago. Since we both need money and you also need not to die you will do this-

There was a silent pause. He wanted to talk to me about the fact that I was destroying myself and I had to go back to the guy I was once. But I didn't care and he didn't want to waste his voice again.

-I tried everything with you. You don't want to help yourself, I'm fine with it, but now I'm going to force you to do this and you're going to do it cause you know it's necessary. Let's see how it goes. For me, she's the kind of person you need right now-

And without saying another word, he came out of my house banging the door. I took another bottle of alcohol and my phone with the other hand, I needed to talk to someone more sober and wiser than me.

Hey lemon faces
I'm Clary, for the ones who don't know.
This is my new seaycee ff, it is inspired by a ff that I had read some time ago but which unfortunately I am no longer able to find, so I wanted to bring it back but with a different plot considering that I didn't remember much of the original.
This is just introductory and poorly written (please consider that English is not my first language so if you find mistakes don't worry about telling me) but I hoped you will like it.

XX Clary