Friends Don't Leave

Kaycee Rice and I spent more time together than I ever imagined.

It all started after her birthday. She started showing up at my house or inviting me to her place. We watched movies, we played cards, we leave clues about our relationship on social media.

But with her I can't drink.

She never stayed to sleep, so I could turn my mind off in the night. Some days I didn't see her because she was at work, and those days I drank twice more than usual. I drank because I missed alcohol, I drank because I missed her presence around, I drank because I felt guilty about drinking despite I knew that she would like me to stop.

We got to know each other better. She discovered I can cook, and I learn her favorite plates. I knew that as a child she was a dancer and that if her career hadn't started she would probably continue down that street, she knew that I used to work in a bar before I did x factor audition.

Having her around made me want to have her with me all the time. But at the same time I wanted her away cause I need to drink.

-A penny for your thoughts-
I turned to the opposite side of the couch and found Kaycee with a blanket on her legs looking at me with curiosity. She had an hand on my dog, oreo, who was lying among us. "Love, Simon" in the background.

-I'm worried how this movie manages to be good and trash at the same time- I lied but made her laugh.
-You're right, but at least it's nice to watch- She said going back to the movie.

She didn't believe me, I knew. She's learning to read me and I start to do the same to her. She pretended to believe me, she don't want me make me feel like I have to talk to her, but she knew I lie.

-Wait- She said approaching me.
-Let's make a story to show that we're seeing a movie together-
She asked my permission to sit on top of me. Then she made a boomerang where you could see a piece of the movies and then the two of us. She smiled and I lead my head on her shoulder.

Then she went back the other side of the couch, far away from me.

After a few minutes I turned to her again for comment a completely useless scene from the film, but I found her slept with her head resting on her hand.

I got up and turn off the television. I would have to wake her up and tell her to go home, but maybe there was no good to letting her drive sleepy so I leaves her on the couch and turn off the light of the room.

I went to the kitchen right away. I needed to go to sleep too. Then I was with the bottle of rum in my hand. Kaycee was still in the house with me, even though she was asleep.
I'm sure she won't wake up, she was very tired today. So I opened the bottle.

Kaycee

I woke up surrounded by darkness. I was still at Sean's place.

I looked at the time on the phone, it was past midnight and there was still a light on the kitchen.

I got up and went to see and honestly wasn't even surprised at what I found. Sean had a half-empty bottle of rum in his hand.

-You haven't kept your promise I see-
I said angry. I thought it was going well but only now I realize that maybe every night when I left him alone he was probably in this condition.

-You weren't here- He answered me irritated.
-It also applies when we are in the same place-
-Whatever-
-I'm going home-

Sean looks like waking up and following me to the front door.
-You're tired. What if something happened? I don't want anything to happen to you-