Jealous

-"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye"-

Kaycee and I were sitting on the sofa. Her back resting on my chest so that I could see the drawings that were in the pages of the book, or at least that was the excuse we had used. Certainly my hand around her waist was not needed to make me see the images better, and neither was the other hand to stroke her hair. But she didn't say anything, and every now and then she seemed to try to huddle even closer to me.

I liked this story of the fox, I had understood it as opposed to that stupid drawing of the hat and the elephant. Kaycee was so happy that we were reading this book, she stopped often to talk about it, to discuss my opinions and what I had understood. Actually she was right, it is not an easy story, there are many things implied between the lines. I felt like back to school, but it was nicer and less boring.

-Then?-
-I like this story. I get it-
-Really?-
-Yes, cause that's what you did to me- She moved for a moment to look me better in the eyes.
-I have not tamed you-
-Three months ago you were lying there- I said indicating the end of the sofa. -And now- I pointed to us, practically united.

-This means nothing- Kaycee look back to the front with her head on my chest. I, on the other hand, pushed my back further back, holding the girl tightly to prevent her from falling or frightening.
-It's ok, I don't mind-
-You shouldn't, you tamed me too-
-And I am honored for it-

I closed my eyes and waited for the girl to read again, but feel less weight on my chest and found myself opening my eyes as Kaycee sat across from me.
-Kayc?-
-In the end the fox and the prince lost each other-
-We are not the prince and the fox-
The book was now closed at our feet while Kaycee seemed to overthinking about something.

-But someday we have to break up Sean and people don't spend their days with their exes- I almost forgot it was all fake. Everything seemed normal ever since Kaycee returned. She wasn't always with me, she went to the gym every now and then with Bailey for putting on some muscle. I was often in the studio, I wanted to write a couple more songs then the album was finished. So we only spent the night together. It all seemed so natural to me that I had forgotten that we were supposed to act to be together.

-Some couples remain friends-
-But people keep shipping them-
-Even if we break up and don't talk to each other there will always be someone who will ship us-
-I don't think it will be that easy-
-Hey, no matter what happens, I'm not going anywhere-
-Don't make promises you don't know if you will keep. There is nothing more fragile than a promise-
-I'm not promising you, I'm telling you. I don't know the future but here, now, I'm not going anywhere-

Actually I was afraid too. Now we were too close, too fond of each other, everything could go wrong. But I'm happy as I had not been in a long time.

Her body was in contact with mine again and her head was on my shoulder.
-I lied to you- Kaycee's body stiffened in my arms but didn't move.
-The reason I don't like this book is because it was my mom's favorite-
-Sean, you don't have to-
I never told her about mom. I know she knew, it was all over the magazine, but I never talked about her.

-She always tried to make me read it, but I was a bit asshole teenager. She did everything for me you know? She always fed our passions whatever they might have been. And I killed her- I feel Kaycee's hands on my face to make my eyes look at hers.
-It wasn't your fault Sean, it was an accident- They were convinced, clear words. I took her hands and pulled it away from my face.
-She had to be with Serris. she was pregnant and needed her mother but I wanted mom to tour with me. It may have been a car accident but if I hadn't been selfish she would be alive now- Kaycee was looking at me, I could read it from her eyes that she wanted to hold me close and make me feel better, but she was already doing a great job listening to me.