The Birthday

Kaycee and I didn't see each other after Maddie's party.

I almost got scared when I saw a message from the girl. She invited me to her lake house for her birthday, she informed me of the presence of some of her close friends and that I can said no but as she said "We'd better start giving some clues"

I know it's true. We need people to get used to seeing us together. Theories, publicity, people shipping us, that's what we need. And "secretly" spending her birthday together was perfect.

After our conversation I post a story where I ask for "the perfect gift". Kaycee respond to that curious if was for her and I can't hide the truth. She told me to not buy anything but I don't listen to her and now, in my car, I was driving to the lake house with a gold necklace in the passenger seat.

Kaycee

When I decided to celebrate the weekend before my 22nd birthday at the lake house I didn't want a lot of people. My mom, my two best friends Tahani and Bailey and of course my two friends since always Gabe and Big Will.

But then I realized there was a plan to go ahead with. So I invited Sean without forcing him to anything. And he accepted without hesitation seeking immediately advice for my gift.

After Maddie's birthday, no one talked about us anymore. Sean's story served to awaken someone who immediately thought of me.

When he arrived, I was scared. There was no alcohol in this house, and I don't know if Sean will be able to stay without it.

But the first night was quiet is also beautiful. Sean already know Gabe and Bailey, even Will since they meet sometime at parties. Tahani immediately found him likable and even my mother found him so funny that when me and her stayed alone for second she to tell me that I had been lucky.

Sean is cool actually, he's funny, he's nice, sometimes a little childish in a good way. But it's closed, touchy, and something leads him to find refuge in alcohol. And that's something I can't support, it's the thing that scares me the most.

At the end of the day I decided to go to his room and congratulated. Everyone liked him and he managed to get to the end of the day without drinking.

When he opened the door I immediately noticed that I was wrong. He had a flask in his hand.

-Hey, what are you doing hare?- Like me he was already in his pajamas. He didn't expect me to come, I noticed it from his face as if he knew he was wrong to be found in that state.

I decided to enter the room without invitation, it wasn't nice but it was my house and I had to talk to him without risking being heard by someone. He close the door.

-I came to compliment you, my mother loves you that I thought you last a night without alcohol. But I see you've come prepared-
-I always have a flask with me, people tend not to give me alcohol after a while- He said it as if it were normal, not as if it isn't something that an alcoholic would said.

Then I came up with an idea. Something that had already worked.

-We do this, whenever I'm with you, no matter when and where, you don't have to touch a single drop of alcohol- He was shocked and remain silent a few seconds.
-Why?-
-I've decided that this plan isn't just for cleaning up your name. But to make you stop drinking-
-I don't need to stop drinking-
-Either you accept this proposal or all of these end today-

He'll think about it a few seconds then he put the flask on the table.
-Ok-
I smiled proudly and lay down on the bed.

Sean

I looked at her while she created a pillow barrier between the sides of the bed.

I had put away the flask thinking she would go away instead, but this woman decided to spend the whole evening with me.