🦋Chapter 19🦋

ONE WEEK TILL THE YULE BALL

Antalia was sitting in the library, trying to get some reading time as her friends were all skating on the black lake. She was reading some muggle book Hermione lent her, it was called 'Alice in Wonderland'. It was a beautifully written book about a young girl who followed a white rabbit down a rabbit hole, and ended up in a beautiful land. It was peaceful, a silence that was comforting.

Antalia was so lost in the book, she didn't notice Ginny sitting down beside her. She only realised she was there, when she laid her head on her lap.

"Antalia, I need help," Ginny said, looking up at her beautiful big sister.

"What with, Ginny?"

"I've been asked to the ball, but mum didn't get me a dress because she assumed I wouldn't be going - you know, with the fourth years and up nonsense - and now i don't know what to do."

Antalia smiled, she knew the ball was coming up from all the research, so she ordered a couple of dresses from muggle shops, with muggle money she had saved from working at the local muggle post office for a couple of weeks last summer.

Antalia led her sister to the Ravenclaw common rooms, but stopped at the door when Ginny stopped moving, "Are you not coming in?" Antalia asked.

"I'm not allowed in there, Tals. Besides people will look at me funny, i'm not a Ravenclaw."

"Why should you care what anyone else thinks, Gin? It doesn't matter anyway, Fred and George come in here all the time, so do Helen, Ryan, Theo and Blaise; Ron doesn't ever want to, always talking about how the Gryffindor Common Room is better." Antalia said, answering the riddle, and pulling her sister through the door, "Like he would know, he's never been in here." She paused, "Having been in both, I can fairly say that the Ravenclaw common room is definitely nicer."

Ginny gasped when she saw the common room, it was beautiful, and definitely was nicer and cosier than the Gryffindor common room; with a statue of Rowena Ravenclaw in the corner, books stacked up high, with little balconies and winding staircases. The sofas we a blue velvet colour, and the walls had hanging plants (no doubt gifted by a Hufflepuff years ago and charmed to stay alive).

Antalia laughed at her sisters excited expression and pulled her up one of the winding stair cases into her Dormitory. The dormitory was very neat, with some painting supplies, a couple of books and a muggle instrument neatly arranged on a table in the middle of the room.

Ginny sat on the bed Talia put her book down on and watched happily as her sister went to the wardrobe and got out two dresses for Ginny to try.