🦋chapter 40🦋

ANTALIA couldn't look at her siblings the next day; didn't take her eyes off of her food during meals times, keeping herself shut away in her room.

The thought of having to be in the same room as Harry made her uncomfortable (or "violently ill" as she described to Keira).

Talia obviously hadn't told her friends anything about Grimmauld Place and the Order, they were still all under the impression that she was at the Burrow. She bloody hated keeping stuff like this to herself, it made it harder to cope with, keeping everything inside.

Her talk with Sirius played on her mind, she was glad he had come to find her, it meant a lot to have someone actually understand, not just listen.

There was a knock at her bedroom door, "Talia, sweetheart, can i come in?" her mother called from the other side of the door.
Talia made a slight noise, as if to say "yeah sure."

Mrs Weasley walked in, and sat on the end of Talia's bed, a sympathetic smile on her face, "how are you feeling, honey?"

Talia took a deep breath, "i don't know."

"That's okay, you don't have to know," Molly reached for her daughters hand, "Sirius had a word with me, and i want you to know," she took a breath, "in no way, do you need to rush the healing process, and you should not feel bad for where the blame lands, even if it is on Harry."

Antalias eyes began to water, "Thanks mum. It does mean a lot," she sat up, and sat next to Molly, resting her head on her mum's shoulder.

"I'm here for you," Molly whispered, kissing Talia's forehead, "i know i might seem distracted, but i'm here for you sweetie."

"I love you, mum."

"I love you too, Tals."

•••

Antalia felt her breath catch in her throat when she heard the dulcet tones of Harry Potter later that evening. She looked down at her book again, praying it would pull her in.

Hermione had gifted her a few muggle fairytale books at the beginning of summer, a way to cope with the loss of Ced. Alice In Wonderland was proving to be a favourite.

It didn't take long for Talia to snap the book shut in frustration, standing up and walking to the door of the library; of course that's where they all choose to have their gossip meetings. Right outside her bloody door.

She pressed her ear against the door, listening to their whispers about what had been going on in the Weasley house with Percy and Arthur. Antalia nearly left her position and retreated to her place on the sofa when she heard her name.

"What about Talia? How's she doing?" Harry asked.

There was a silence. She could almost hear Ron's breathing. "She's not good, mate." Ron must've looked to the others out of stress, because Harry then replied.

"What? What is it? Why are you all looking at each other like that?" He accused, "Just spit it out."

"She's not dealing with her grief well, she's built, albeit unintentionally, a sort of.. resentment towards you, Harry," Hermione said, cautiously.