🦋chapter 31🦋

ANTALIA sat with her legs dangling over the edge of the Black Lake, Cedric next to her

ANTALIA sat with her legs dangling over the edge of the Black Lake, Cedric next to her. The sun was just setting and the air was full of the warm summer weather. You know, the one that makes you want to play Dancing Queen by Abba as loudly as possible.

They sat in silence, the only thing heard was the faint noise of chatter from the Great Hall.

"Antalia?"

Antalia hummed in response watching as birds landed on the lake in groups.

"I'm scared," Cedric admitted.

Antalia looked up at him, "What are you scared of, Ced?"

Cedric avoided eye-contact and swallowed, "Letting everyone down tomorrow," he looked down and played with the rings on his fingers, "I think Mum and Dad are coming to watch, and I don't want to disappoint them, y'know? Dad especially. He keeps writing to me, saying that he knows that i'm going to win, and i don't want to let him down."

"Ced, you're not going to let anyone down - I promise," Antalia sighed and looked back at the lake, "No matter what place you come in, you're parents, friends, me and most importantly, Cho, will not think any less of you."

"It's not- it's not just that," he laughed soundlessly, almost annoyed, "It sounds so pathetic. I'm scared of dying. We've been told that there are many dangerous creatures in this maze, and I just know something will go wrong. I can feel it."

Talia placed her hand over his, "Ced, you're going to be so safe, i swear to you; you're not going to die. If Harry isn't going to die, you won't. You're much smarter than he'll ever be, bless him."

"But Tals, you're forgetting one major thing," Cedric paused, "He's Harry Potter. He's gotten himself out from numerous life-threatening situations, what have I done? If we were both in danger, everyone would save Harry over me in a heartbeat. And i'm not trying to sound stupid, but I'm really terrified."

Antalia pulled him into a hug, "You're going to be fine, Ced. I swear to Merlin, nothing will happen to you."

"I'm not ready to die."

...

The fourth years had just finished their History of Magic assessment, and were all walking to the Entrance Hall for dinner, where they had planned to meet Cho, Helen and Ryan. Cedric was already in the hall, not having to have done any exams because of his champion title.

Antalia walked into the Great Hall laughing loudly, linking arms with Theo and Susan, when Antalia heard a familiar voice.

"Oi! Antalia!"

"Oh my merlin! Bill?!" Antalia gasped, instantly dropping arms with her friends and sprinting right at her brother, wrapping her arms tightly around him, "What are you doing here?!"

"Mum and I decided to come and support Harry, which, by the look of your face paint you aren't doing."

Antalia blushed scarlett, knowing that Blaise had painted a Hufflepuff flag on her cheeks, "I'm supporting one of my best friends, Bill-"

"Cedric Diggory?" He asked, leading her over to the Gryffindor table, where the other Weasleys, and conveniently also where Dean and Emma sat.

Antalia turned her head back to her friends, and waved them to sit next to Cedric, while she sat with her mother.

"Yes, Cedric Diggory. Is there a problem with that?"

Bill rolled his eyes, shoving her into a seat next to himself and Dean, "Nope, no issue whatsoever."

"Talia! Darling! How are you!" Her mother asked, blowing her a kiss for up the table.

"I'm great, thanks mum, how are you?" Antalia asked, sending one straight back,

"I'm wonderful dear," she smiled, before tucking into her food.

"Hello gorgeous," Dean whispered, giving her a swift peck on the lips, causing every single Weasley brother and Ginny to fake vomit.

"Oh, shut up, you lot," Antalia grinned, "You're all just jealous that I could get someone before any of you could."

Mrs Weasley smiled warmly at Dean, "Hello, love, welcome to the family," She said.

"Thank you, Mrs Weasley," He replied, no one missing Fred, George, Ginny, Hermione, Ron and Harry all frowning and rolling their eyes infuriated, greatly confusing Mrs Weasley and Bill.

"Talia, babe. Why aren't you wearing red and gold?" Emma asked, falsely curious.

"Because Cedric is one of my best friends, Harry knows I support him," Antalia grimaced, Harry nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, honestly, I don't mind," he said earnestly, giving Ron and Hermione a look.

"But if I were you, Talia, I'd want to match with my boyfriend," She giggled, running her finger over Dean's hand, "wouldn't you agree Dean?"

Antalia turned around and shot Keira, Susan, Helen and Cho a, 'get me out of here' look, then turned back around, "Well if he does care, he has to suck it up," she said, moving his hand away from her when he did nothing.

Keira tapped Antalia on the back, "Excuse me, Tals, you're needed over with Cedric."

Antalia apologised to her Mum and Bill, and stepped out from the bench, walking off with Helen. Cho and Susan stayed over at the Hufflepuff table, making sure backup wasn't needed.

When Antalia left, Keira sat in her space, "Hello, Mrs Weasley, Hello Bill, how are you?"

"Fine, thank you, dear," Mrs Weasley replied, looking coldly at Emma and Dean, understanding her other children's dislike for them both.

Keira grinned, "Fantastic," she turned to Emma, face growing dark as she gave her a dirty look. She turned to Harry, "Good luck out there, Potter. And sorry for stealing Antalia, Mrs W, Cedric wanted her to meet his mum and dad."

~~~~

guys hold on to your seatbelts for the next chapter :(