CHAPTER THIRTY

-2:45 pm
____________

It was early dismissal.

Students were heading out, carrying their papers and such but you stayed there for a couple of minutes.

You lowered your head down on your desk as both of your arms circled it.

Akaashi noticed this and looked at you with a concerned look.

"(L/n)-san, are you alright?"
The curly dark-haired male stared at your gloomy presence.

You groaned between your arms, ruffling your hair. "No..." You let out a pale voice.

"... If you don't mind me asking, did something happened?" He let his chair slid closer to you so he can hear you clearly.

"Just met someone I know... I guess." You shifted your head towards Akaashi. "someone?" He raised his brows.

"We dislike each other." You sighed, shutting your eyes close. "Just by looking at her face just reminds me of my awful high-school experience with her." You lift your head, placing your jaw on your palm

"Why do you dislike each other?"

"She started a drama back then, we argued, and yeah... It was like a traumatic experience, I still remember it to this day." You tapped your fingers on your desk as your lips turn downwards, forming a frown.

"Hm..." Akaashi hummed smoothly, looking down at his toes.

"S-sorry didn't mean to make the atmosphere gloomy and heavy." You leaned back on your seat as you try to flash him a smile.

"I'm perfectly fine hearing about your problems, it's making me know more about you, (L/n)-san. " Akaashi slightly smiled warmly, his sharp eyes softened as his fingers intertwined together.

Hearing that made you feel calm and at ease. You lowered your tensed shoulders as you let out an exhale. "Alright, Thank you Akaashi-san. "

"You're welcome."

"I believe we should go now. " Akaashi starts cleaning his desk as he slings his bag over his shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. Let's go." You put on your bag and stood up. You and Akaashi exited the classroom, walking through the hallways.

Though, you were still feeling uneasy meeting Aoi. You hoped that you wouldn't meet her again but I guess you were unlucky.

"I hope she doesn't do any drama this time." You grasp tightly on your bag's sling, biting your lip down.

"(L/n)-san."

You raised your brows as you look at Akaashi, tilting your head. "Do you want to go somewhere? To make you feel calm or something like that. I think you should have a small break, an award maybe? You've been working well since the first day started." Akaashi stated, lending you a soft look.

"Oh, uh. It's fine. It's not a big deal." You wave both of your hands in front of him as a drop of sweat rolls on your forehead. "It'll be my treat, (L/n)-san." His hand reaches through his pockets.

"No, no, no. It's fine-"

"Consider this a little date for us." His lips turned into a smile.

"D... Date?!" You exclaimed in a low tone as you felt your cheeks warm up.

"If you're not comfortable with it, you can just call it a hangout." He says, his smile still intact.

"Uh- Well- I don't mind-" You were jumbling over your words, too busy focusing on the word "date". You honestly didn't know how to react to this.