CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

(If you see this being updated again, it means I extended the ending. I wanted to add something that I forgot in the end. Up to you if you want to read the whole thing again.)

___________

Last Chapter

________

It was finally the day, the festival was here.

_______

"I'm sorry if I came too late."

She rushed into the room, panting, kneeling by the bedside, and grasping her husband's cold hands.

"It's fine."

Her husband smiled warmly at her, even though he was too weak to move a muscle.

"Take care of the kids."

His thumb weakly brushed her hands.

"I don't know if I can handle them alone. I'm not strong enough."

She tightened her grip on his hands, and her chest felt like a thousand needles were penetrating it. She disliked the feeling, which made her feel as though she couldn't breathe.

Tears fell down her cheeks as she gasps for air then it quickly turns into her crying and sobbing.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Her breath hitched against his skin.

"Don't say that, you gave birth to four of our children. If I can say so, you are the greatest woman I have ever known, and I love you for it. Whether it's emotional, moral, or physical. I will always admire your strength."

His hand went to her cheek, brushing away her tears with his thumb, but the tears wouldn't stop falling down her cheeks. Her glossy eyes gazed to her husband's tired face, biting her lip down as she held both of her hands on his wrist, rubbing her cheek against it.

"I'd love to marry you again in another life if it's possible."

With a tear in his eye, he smiled at her.

She couldn't help but smile, even though there was a swelling pain in her chest.

"Me as well..."

"I will always choose you."

"Because that's what soulmates are for, right?"

The lights flickered down as it goes dark. Silence falls, then the audience applause as the curtains closed.

"Uwah... My eyes sting-" Shedai rubbed her eyes together as she fans herself. "I didn't cry, that was not sad at all." Aoi's voice croaked as she sniffled.

"(F/n)! That was incredible!" Shedai ugly sobbed as she wiped away her tears. "Calm down, I can't believe you guys cried."

"It was amazing, alright?! The story and the Theatre department did it so well!" She sobbed. "Ah..." You sighed as you smiled at them, feeling flattered. "Thank you, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it."

"Enjoy it? I didn't enjoy it!" Aoi protested with her glossy eyes and she pressed her lips together. "I love and hate it!" Shedai sniffled like a child.