CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

_______
-Thursday,
1:32 am

"Hooray!" You lifted your arms in triumph as you laughed. "You're done with your novel?" Sakusa says casually as he turns to the next page of his book.

You spin your chair towards him and grin broadly "Yeah, I'm finally done and free! " You let out a relieved laugh as you scratched your neck, feeling a little sore from having your head down for hours.

"Not gonna lie, I think the ending is a little hurried, but I don't have enough time. Hopefully, it'll be fine." You let out a sigh.

"So, can we finally go to sleep? I'm tired." He closed his book and placed it on his bedside table.

"Huh? You could've slept sooner. Why did you even bother waiting for me to finish?" You raised your brows as you leaned back on your chair.

The thing is, Sakusa was worried that you would fall asleep mid-way during your work.

There was this one time where he woke up at around 1 am, only to find your body on the ground. It almost gave him a heart attack, he thought you were dead. He didn't want that to happen again.

"...The laptop's light is too bright." He lied as he lay on his bed, his body covered by his blanket.

"Whaat? Really? The brightness is already low though, I can hardly see it." You sighed as you glanced over to your laptop and shut it close.

Sakusa remained silent, his eyes shut close.

"Oh, by the way, Omi." You stood up from your chair as you sat on your bed. "I'm going somewhere this Saturday with my friends, wanna come?" You perked up, hoping that Sakusa will accept your invitation.

"No thanks." Was all he could say before drifting to sleep. You slightly frowned, "Okay..." You whispered as you flip to the side of the wall.

You quickly fell asleep, tired from working on your novel all day long.

________
-Saturday

11:46 am

When you put on your socks, you hummed happily. You submitted your novel on time and were proud of yourself, but that was not the reason you were happy today.

Because today, you were gonna hang out with Kuroo, Kenma, Akaashi, and Bokuto. You were invited by Kuroo through chats and you happily accepted it. Despite you being the only girl there, you didn't mind because you knew that they were safe, especially that Akaashi is there.

Sakusa was nowhere to be seen when you woke up earlier, so you assumed he was planning for the festival with his department.

"I hope, he's gonna be alright."

You exited your dorm and made your way to the dormitory entrance, where Bokuto and Akaashi awaited you.

"Oh, (L/n)-chan!" Bokuto cheerfully waved at you, causing Akaashi to look at you.

"Akaashi-san! Bokuto-san! Sorry if I took a while. Woke up a bit late." You rubbed your nape as you approached them. "Oh, it's fine (L/n)-san. We actually just arrived." Akaashi replied with a soft smile.

Only seeing Akaashi smiling causes your cheeks to flush somewhat, but you soon snap out of it. "In any case, let's go!"

_

The three of you then went to a fast-food restaurant, where Kuroo and Kenma were standing by the entrance. "Oh, they're here."

"KUROO!"

"BOKUTO, MY BRO!"

The two energized men exchange fist bumps while laughing loudly and rubbing their heads off. Kuroo turned to you with his signature grin after their brief greeting. "(F/n)-chan!"