CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

_________

You sat on one of the crates "Hah... I'm drained..." A ghostly sigh escaped your mouth. "Are you okay, (F/n)-chan?" Shedai turned to face you and patted her hands."Totally..." You slouched in your place, lowering your head. "There are so many things going on today."

"You need some water?"

"Yeah, please," you replied, exhaling softly and rubbing your arms. Shedai has gone to get you some water and you were left behind. You rocked your legs back and forth, slightly hitting the crates.

"I also need to finish my novel... The deadline is this Friday...." you say, closing your eyes tightly. Your head started to slip, but you pulled it high whenever it tried to do so.

"Ah, I'm so sleepy."

As your head drops down once again, a soft surface stopped against it. Making your eyes properly flutter open. A pair of warm touch slithered on the back of your head as you were about to lift your head, keeping your head leaned on the soft surface.

"Are you tired, (L/n)-san?" A soft voice spoke up.

You knew who the soft voice belonged to. "Akaashi-san?" You turned your head towards his face.

His deep blue orbs gazed into yours, it wasn't frightening; instead, it gave him a gentle aura that made you feel at ease.

His smooth fingers brushed against your hair, causing you to purr softly in response to his touch.

It felt like heaven, as gently as the waves of the ocean. It made you sleepier. "How about you return to your dorm, (L/n)-san?"

Despite your fatigue, you promised to help Shedai with her work until it was done. You slowly shook your head. "It's fine, I can still hold off my sleepiness." You yawn as you turn your head away from his chest.

"Are you sure? You could doze off here." Akaashi lets go of your head, crouching down to properly face you.

"Akaashi-san, I'll be fine. Thank you for your concern." You gave him a sheepish grin, which elicited him a thin chuckle. "Okay, then. Don't drive yourself too hard right now." You chuckled at his retort.

"Akaashi-san, what are you doing here? Are you not with Bokuto-san?" You extended your arm to fully awaken you and use some of your remaining energy.

"I had to clear off my mind from stress. I decided to walk around the campus until I saw you. Your head was dropping every second, I decided to hold you so you won't hit your head on the ground." He said it so softly that it made your heart skip a beat, but you remained relaxed.

"Ah, I see... That's very thoughtful of you, Akaashi-san. Thank you so much. I owe you one." You gave him a warm smile. The boy's face lit up as he saw you smile; he was very fond of you being happy and smiling. It brightened his day, every time he sees it.

"You don't have to repay me. It was just a little help." He answered with a small smile.

"Ah, a real-life prince charming." You silently laughed, loving the boy's charisma.

"Ohohoh! What's this?" A voice butted in. As soon as you heard the sound, you sighed. "Shedai-san..."

"Heheheh." She approached you and handed you a water bottle. "Here's your drink, boss." She teased you, causing you to clench your teeth as you drank your water.

"I suppose I should leave now. (L/n)-san, I'll see you tomorrow." Akaashi waved as you did the same, nodding at him as he walks away.

"Ayieeeeee~" Shedai jabbed your arm, giggling at you. "What?" You grumbled, averting your gaze away from her.