CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

______

-9:45 am
(Saturday)

You awoke to a pleasant smell. Food, maybe? It had a sweet and tasty scent. You sat up, rubbing your eyes and letting out a yawn. 

"That smells good..." you murmured, rubbing your stomach.

Your eyes completely opened when you saw Sakusa eating near his desk. He seems to be at ease.

You stood up, alerting Sakusa when your foot touched the wooden floor making a creaking noise.

He turned back, his gaze fixed on you. "Morning," he shortly says as he continued to eat. "I brought you breakfast," he motioned his hands to a plastic container.

"Oh, thank you, and good morning," you say as you fix your hair. "I need a bath," you mutter as you reach for a change of clothes and a towel from the dresser. "I also need to prepare my project."

"(F/n)," Sakusa spoke.

You hummed as you lifted your brows at him. "Are you... busy today?" he asked, his gaze still focused on his meal. 

"Uh, I have a couple of things to do, but they're not difficult," you said, draping your towel around your shoulders and resting your free hand on your waist. "Why?"

"I... I need your help with my assignments if that's okay with you." He finished his meal and cleaned up the desk.

Your lips curved upwards, lifting your brows higher. "You still need my help even though you're already in college?" You sheepishly grinned at him, quietly laughing.

Sakusa sighed and arched his brows downward. "Will you help me or not?" He looked at you, mildly enraged. "Okay, clean freak boy. Allow Ms. (L/n) (F/n) to help you with your work. Study session here we go." You joked, grinning at him as you entered the bathroom.

As he slumped on his bed, he sighed and relaxed his shoulders. Honestly, he can do his work on his own, however, he wanted to rebuild his relationship with you, like back in high school.

Quite silly but he didn't have a choice, he didn't want it to be obvious because he knows that you'll tease him.

He also promised himself that he would bring you snacks and drinks every day if
he had the opportunity to, acknowledging that his apology was probably inadequate.

He felt bad about it, thus he decided that he'll spoil you with treats in return for his 'lame' apology.

______ 

After eating breakfast, which you only had a bit of. Sakusa has agreed that you and he will do the assignment in a cafe near the campus. You had your laptop, pencil, and pens with you. So that, you will be able to do your work as well.

"What would you like to order?" Sakusa questioned as he put his bag on the chair.

"Hmmm, I think (snack/drink) would be great." You let out a slight groan as you stretch your arms. Sakusa nodded and started walking to the counter.

"Hmm... something's off."  You paused for a second before realizing he was going to pay for you.

You grabbed your wallet and chased him. "Wait a minute, Kiyoomi!" You gently tugged on his sleeves, causing him to come to a halt and turn towards you. "What?"

"Ah, gee. How much was that again?" You opened your wallet, grabbing some coins and cash. "What are you doing?" He raised his brows. "I'm getting my money, duh." You silently rolled your eyes.

"I'm paying." He sternly said, adjusting his mask. "Huh?" You paused and lifted your head at him. "I said I'm paying." He repeated with a sigh.

"I know but why?" Your question made him slightly grunt, a bit agitated. "Am I not allowed to?"