CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

_________

For the past few weeks, you have been writing and focusing on your novel. Even in class or outside of class, a sudden motivation urged you to put effort into your novel.

You were currently in your dorm, writing your short novel. Sakusa arrived in, carrying yet again some snacks for you. He had been giving you free snacks lately, it made you feel a bit guilty for him but he said it was fine.

"Thank you, omi-omi-kun!" You playfully winked at him as you resumed your work. He placed his belongings on his desk and immediately plopped down on his bed.

You slowly turned around, seeing his tired body spread out on his bed. "You okay, fam?" You sipped on your boba.

".... I'm tired."

Usually, Sakusa would take a bath right after arriving in the room but this time, he immediately just laid down on his bed.

"Oh, what did you do today?" You asked, humming.

"We had to move some boxes and crates...." He lightly groaned as he slowly sat up, ruffling his hair.

"Ohh, right. You guys were in charge of the rides and all that stuff." You recalled, nodding your head.

"Shouldn't you take a shower? It must be pretty dusty when you guys were moving the crates." You stood up, grabbing a towel near your desk.

"I'm gonna take a-" A smooth cloth rubbing against Sakusa's cheeks cut him off. When he saw you up close, his eyes fluttered open fully. "You even got dust all over your face." You frowned as you carefully brushed the dust off his face.

His temperature rose up, feeling a bit fuzzy by your close presence. "What-"

You moved your hand to his jaw, then to his neck. "Smooth." A warm sensation spread through your chest, making you feel puffy and floaty. Your stomach flipped, causing you to shiver slightly. 

By your touch, Sakusa felt like it was wrong but at the same time, he found it pleasing like he would want your touch to be on his touch a little longer. An exception for you to freely caress his touch.

Your eyes returned to Sakusa, who locked his gaze with yours. All fell still, leaving only the heavy breathing and heartbeats to pound loudly.

Sakusa's breath hitched, and his hand traveled slowly to your wrist, then to your knuckles. Your faces were just an inch apart before you felt an urge to lean in closer. You tilted your head and shut your eyes close. Sakusa froze in his position, his body unable to budge, his eyes eventually slowly closed too, preparing for the worst to come.

"(F/N)-CHAN!" A person suddenly burst into the room, and in a flash, you were on the floor laying down like a dead corpse. Sakusa remained in his place, his eyes widening slightly.

"O-Oh! S-Shedai-san!" You raised your arm up, waving at her.

"...What are you doing on the floor?" Shedai tilted her head, confused.

"Uh... Working out?" You chuckled nervously and kicked your legs upward and backward as if you were exercising.

"Oh, you do realize there's a gym on campus, right?"

"I know, It's just that... I don't feel like going there! Ahahaha..." You laughed while sweating profusely, feeling your heartbeat increase every second. "Oh, okay!" She smiled and looked at Sakusa, who was still frozen in place.

"Good day, Mr. Clean boy." She made a quick wave at him. Sakusa just nodded in response, and he seemed like he had seen a ghost.

You stood up, patting off your pants. "So uh, what do you need?" You looked at Shedai, panting. "Oh, c'mere! I need some help!" She motioned her hands to follow her as she exits the room.