CHAPTER FORTY

________

It was a week before the festival.

Everything was already on set. The booths were there, the thrilling rides were ready, and the most important of all, food. They were already open and already selling.

"(F/n)! Look, look! They got the huge lollipop there!" Shedai tugged your arm with starry eyes. She really likes sweets, especially candies. "Oookay, but I need to meet up with my department first, alright?"

"Awww, alright! I'll get you some so, better return here fast or I'm giving them to Aoi." She sheepishly grinned at you.

"Alright, alright. Just... Stay there, alright?" She nodded excitedly with her mouth drooling.

You chuckled as you began to walk to the Theatre Department. You were hoping to meet Akaashi along the way but you didn't see him, making you think that he was already in there.

Ever since the day you hung out with Kuroo, Sakusa has been kinda avoiding you recently.

He still bought you snacks and stuff but he hasn't been directly talking to you and that made you feel worried. Did something happen while you were drunk at that time?

Your memory was kinda hazy back then, you remembered some parts but not all of it.

"(F/n).... What did you do....?" You rubbed your temples, trying to remember what exactly happened.

"Did I touch him? Oh nooo, you didn't (F/n).... This is baddd... Is that why he's avoiding me? I should apologize to him. He's probably uncomfortable with it...."

You sighed, looking at the ground sadly. "But where is he though? I can't find him anyw- Omfph—"

You bumped into a figure. "Oh, sorry—" You lifted your head up and your eyes widened. "Kiyoomi!" You gasped.

Sakusa scrunched his nose down, quickly walking away.

"Wait—" You were about to reach for his hand but you stopped. "Wait, that's right. He doesn't like being touched..." You bit your lip down and placed your hand down, rubbing it softly. Your eyes lingered at him walking away.

"What did I do this time?" Your brows furrowed down, confused at his antics.

_____

Sakusa placed his arms on the walls using it for support as he exhaled heavily.

"Stop. Running. Away. Kiyoomi...!" He harshly punched his chest causing him to cough and immediately regretting it. "Shouldn't have done that...." He mumbled with a groan.

He went to the bathroom, washing his face. "Remember, you won't run away again. Especially from her." He sighed as he lifted his dark curly locks, revealing his forehead.

He pressed his lips together as he looked in the mirror at his reflection. Water dripped off his jaw, leaving droplets on his shirt.

He let out a huff, getting his guilty feeling off his chest.

"You smell good."

His cheeks heated up by just remembering your words, oh how he wished he could hear it again.

He felt a warm feeling in his chest. "I don't like that." He rubbed his face, distracting from his thoughts.

"I wish I could hold you forever like this."

He let out a groan as he splashed his face with water again, almost soaking his shirt.

He couldn't get your words out from his head, he grumbled as he dries his face aggressively, almost making his skin red. "Shit..."