bonus | modeling

I flip the page of the book idly, bored, wondering when Biana would get back home. 

Yes, that's right. Home.

We're currently living together in an apartment in Mysterium (we're nowhere near ready for an actual house yet). Besides, it's nice to be away from the palace. 

My head snaps up as I hear the front door open and Biana's beautiful voice call out, "Linh, darling, I'm back!"

I toss the book aside and race to her like an overexcited puppy, and my beautiful girlfriend laughs as I lift her up and spin her around.

Oooh, she's all cold from the snow outside.

I finally set her back down.

"Hey, babe," she greets me, going on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek. 

I smile down at her and peck her on the lips. "Hey, Bi." Then I smirk, something more accustomed to Keefe than me. "Miss me?"

She smiles, "Of course."

I glance over her again and my eyes widen in realization, and then I squeal, "You got your hair cut!"

She gives me a nervous smile, reaching up to run a hand through her now-shoulder-length hair. "How does it look?"

"Biana, love, you look absolutely gorgeous."

It's nice to see Biana be the one blushing, for once. 

I pull my gaze away from her and look over at the large bag she's toting around. "You got them, right?" 

She nods with an excited grin as I pull out the camera. Photography and music were both things I loved and were great at, while Biana loved fashion.

 She'd been borrowing my camera to try it out recently (like when she caught Keefe kissing Tam - that picture was gorgeous) and her skills have improved a lot since then. 

But right now, I'm the photographer.

Biana ducks behind the folding screen, and I can see her silhouette through it.

With her beauty and money she could easily get any job she wanted - she hardly even needed one - but she had desperately wanted to pursue modeling, even more so since she had been scarred by Vespera.

She's amazing, honestly.

Recently, she'd landed a nice job with a magazine company working here, in Mysterium, and that was what we were currently shooting for. 

"What's the vibe we're going for?" she calls from behind it.

"Um. . ." 

I glance down at the paper that the company, AURORA, had given us. Winter was basically already here, so the theme that they requested for was winter-themed. Obviously.

"Winter!" I shout back.

A few minutes later, she emerges from behind the screen, dressed in a dark blue cropped turtleneck underneath a lighter peacoat with slim black pants and faux fur boots.

She pulls on a few rings and bracelets, then glances in the mirror and deems herself ready.

Biana sits down on the chair by the window, resting her head on her hand and staring out the window. From this angle, you can't see the scarred half of her at all, which is a shame. They enhance her beauty, not take away from it.

Even so, she looks amazing right now. The light coming in from the window brightens her teal eyes, making them almost sparkle, and wisps of her dark brown hair drift around her forehead, contrasting well with the snow outside.