bonus | baking

"Sophie, there's a problem."

She turns to look at me, shivering slightly from the cold. We're currently standing outside of Havenfield, watching the snow drift down over the pastures.

Her eyebrows scrunch up in confusion as she frowns. "What happened?"

I give myself a moment to get lost in her eyes, before I remind myself to focus. 

I give her a wicked grin as I toss a snowball at her. The snow is light and fluffy, so it explodes the moment it hits her face, leaving her shocked, brown eyes wide.

"Marella!" she squeals, tossing back snowballs of her own, making it turn into a full-fledged snowball fight.  

I dash around the snow covered yard far easier than Sophie ever could, my body filled with warmth and excitement as I dive behind a hill of snow, using it as cover.

"Come on out, Marella!" Sophie calls, snowball in gloved hand as she looks for me.

I ready my little snowball army as I call out, "I'm bi!", before I jump out from my hiding spot and toss them, lightning-fast.

Sophie shrieks as she gets bombarded by the snowballs, fruitlessly tossing her lone snowball in my direction. 

Unfortunately for her, she doesn't miss me. The snowball hits my cheek, covering my face in the freezing cold powder.

I wipe it off my face, frowning down at my hand as I effortlessly melt off any remaining powder. Then I turn to Sophie, a dangerous smile on my face.

"You're gonna pay for that."

"Oh, am I?" In a startling turn of events, Sophie smirks, but I cut it off when I start running forwards at her. She tries to turn and make a breakaway, but I'm too fast, slamming into her and pushing her down into the snow.

She twists and turns as I playfully tickle her, laughing all the while. I laugh, too, as I finally rest my hand on her cheek, looking down at her.

Sophie's beautiful, no matter what she thinks about herself.

Her face is flushed red from both the cold and her laughter, and the evening light is coming at such an angle that it illuminates the golden flecks in her already-gorgeous brown eyes as she stares up at me in slight confusion.

"What's wrong?" she asks softly with a slight pout.

My eyes follow her movement and now I'm just staring at her lips. I want to kiss her so badly.

Her eyes widen as she notices this, and she smiles

I let out a surprised "mmfph!" as she tugs me down by my coat into a kiss. My hands find their way into her hair, one hand on the back of her head and the other cupping her cheek, her cold skin a shock to my heated hand.

She laughs as I pull back, peppering her face with kisses, lightly burning against her chilled skin. 

I finally stand up, getting off of her and holding out a hand, which she takes to pull herself up, wobbling slightly and trying to regain her balance.

Edaline opens the door to Havenfield, looking out at us concernedly. "Want to come inside, girls? It's getting a little cold."

Well, it doesn't feel cold for me, but okay.

We race into the house, sitting down at a couch, letting our numbed fingers gain warmth from the steaming mugs of cinnacreme that Edaline gives us.

I sip the cinnamon-y drink, savoring the warmth and taste of it and trying to ignore Grady, who's sitting across from us.

"So." Grady sips his own cinnacreme as well, "Marella, you like baking?"