Chapter 24

I can feel Tam's glare, but I don't turn to look at him, forcing everyone else to the Leapmaster.

"Last chance, if you guys don't want to come with me, you can just go back to sleep." I offer hopefully.

No one moves.

I shrug. "Alright then." I point at one of the crystals. "That's Choralmere."'

People start leaping there, but Fitz catches my arm. "Hey. . . can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, sure." 

I notice Tam curiously watching us, and I send a half-hearted glare back at him. He squints at me, tugging on his bangs before leaping away.

"What were you saying to Tam in there?" Fitz asks me quietly.

"Just like, telling him that he's not worthless, that he's my best friend. That sorta stuff."

Fitz huffs and raises an eyebrow indignantly. "What about me and Lena?"

My face flushes as I remember about them. "I was caught up in the moment! And I wanted to make him feel better."

Fitz whispers something that sounds like 'i ship it' but I'm not too sure if that's what he said. After all, I'm a bit tired.

I sigh, grabbing Fitz's wrist and yanking him over to the beam of light, swiftly leaping to Choralmere.

As we reform from the particles of light, I stumble, letting go of Fitz. It takes me a moment to catch my footing, and I take a deep breath before finally noticing my surroundings. 

I stare around, mostly in awe, because the place is truly beautiful, despite the people that live in it.

It's a large beachfront home, nestled between a pristine cove and on the edge of a forest. The windchimes, waves and rustling leaves create a breathtaking symphony of music. If I wasn't here on a mission, I'd want to replicate this at the palace.

"Linh and I haven't been here for years." Tam says quietly as he listens to the music.

Tam's miserable look instantly sobers me, silencing any thoughts of ever recreating this music, and I head towards the door, filled with purpose. Everyone else cautiously follows me from a distance. Cowards.

I quietly rap on the door a few times, then wait a moment or two, before a rage fills me and I bang on the door with my fist. 

A man opens the door, rubbing his eyes. He has jet-black hair and silvery eyes, like Tam and Linh, but where they're soft, he has harsh angles. He must be Quan.

"Um, who are you?" He asks, blinking a bit.

The silence that follows is deafening, my friends letting me take charge and speak. 

I give him a shark-like smile, bowing. "Why, I thought you'd recognize me! I'm Keefe, Keefe Sencen. But if that doesn't stir your memory, why not look at your two twins here!"

Quan looks even more confused. "W-what?"

I continue in a false bright voice. "Linh Song, your daughter, the Hydrokinetic, one of my Selected? The girl who flooded Atlantis? Tam Song, your son, the Shade, one of my friends? The boy who you refused to accept just because of what gender he loves?"

Quan's expression sours. "Oh. Them."

I move to the side, showing that the twins were standing behind me (as well as everyone else) and give him the biggest grin yet. "Now why'd you do that, you prejudiced old wanker?"