Chapter 25

"Mngh," I moan softly, and then I open my eyes, realizing several things.

First of all, I can't believe I got excited over a dream that I can't even remember. That's just sad, Keefe. 

Secondly, judging by how there's barely any light in the room, it's early. Like, hellishly early. Who the hell would wake me up at, like, 6 in the morning?

I'm a dumbass. No one woke me up. I woke me up. 

Clearly I had heard something that had woken me. But what was it?

I look around. Everything seems fine, except for the fact that my feet are freezing, ugh. I shift the blanket around, settling into a more comfortable position. 

Yeah, everything is alright.

So, naturally, I go back to sleep.

A few hours later, I wake up at a time that most sane people would wake up at. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and I look fabulous, as always.

I quickly run a comb through my hair. Let's see, did I need to take a bath today? As far as I knew, nothing important was happening. . . 

But hell, I might take someone on a date, so I guess I will.

After quickly bathing, I stand in front of the mirror, styling my hair to perfection before posing.

"Hey, Ro?" I call, and she opens the door with a raised brow, "How do I look?"

She raises her eyebrows even more, glancing up and down at me. I'm wearing a dark jacket on top of a half-sleeved white turtleneck with black tailored trousers to complete the ensemble. 

"You look ugly as usual, your Highness."

I roll my eyes as Ro shuts the door, then turn back to the mirror, studying my reflection. Then I flex my arms and wink. 

I am ready for today. Let's do this.

"Morning, all." I say, sitting down at the table and biting into a fruit tart. 

"Mmf," Fitz waves at me. He looks tired, and I'm pretty sure Dex notices it too, because Dex is looking at Fitz concernedly.

"Hey, Keefe!" Sophie greets me enthusiastically. Linh smiles at me. Biana idly flips through a magazine, and Marella's snickering at Sophie's eagerness.

I glance over at Tam, who's ignoring me, picking at his food. My gaze lingers on him for a moment. Is he okay?

Then I focus on my own food. I'm hungry, and these fruit tarts are delicious. 

The day seems to go by quite slowly, with me going on a quick date with Sophie in the library, but I get bored of browsing through books and leave her behind. 

"Ugh," I mumble to no one in particular, "I'm gonna go back to my room."

In my room, I lazily spin around in my chair, bored out of my mind. Then I spot the picture of me and Lena. I should call her!

I pick my Imparter and call her. Would she answer this time?

Last time I called her, she had answered me, looking fairly distracted as she whispered to me that she was going to ask a girl out, and for me to wish her luck. Hopefully that went well. 

"Keefe! You finally called!"

"Lena," I sob, "Help, I'm bored."

"How is that my problem?"